What Is Your Opinion On Repeat Sits, Do You Accept?

I’ve been invited back, but after one repeat sit, I decided that they’re not for me. I prefer variety from sitting. So many places to experience, so little time. If there ends up being a spectacular location and pet(s), I’ll reconsider. But it’s hard to imagine such a sit for me.

As for HOs, I enjoy meeting great ones, but friendships from sitting aren’t my priority. The kind of work I do already lets me meet plenty of amazing people around the world.

We are actively developing a network of repeat sits in cool places -Paris-London-Brussels-Brisbane Etc so we can keep going back to destinations we love. We contact HO to let them know when we are heading their way and quite often they then take the opportunity to have an unplanned holiday. Do I feel guilty about being a preferred sitter? Not one bit. We’ve earned the trust these HO are more than happy to put in usand they can take their break with total peace of mind because they know we’ll do an excellent job of taking care of their home and pets.

8 Likes

I’ve been asked to do a repeat sit a few times but like others have said there’s only a few I’d sit again for. Not because they were bad HO’s but just so much of the world to explore. I’ve agreed to do a second sit a year on from my first sit for an amazing couple, with an amazing home, in a great location, easy to look after cats and they treated me like their son!
I would have done a second sit for a similar couple I recently sat for but unfortunately I was already committed to other sits.

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got some amazing regular gigs there in some pretty fantastic locations!

I feel very fortunate myself to have regulars in some of my favourite places both at home and abroad.

Whilst I was once on a sit in the city of Reykjavik, I happened to get chatting to a random stranger one day in a shop. As it turned out, she mentioned to me that her cat sitter had just cancelled on her. When she found out I do pet sitting, she then asked me if I could help and fortunately for both of us, I was able to do her dates.

It’s brilliant when you end up making new pet sitting connections unexpectedly that turn into fantastic repeat experiences!

4 Likes

@Chatsetchiens Yep. Unfortunately we just had to turn down 2 weeks in Paris as our Shengen days are almost up. But we’ll be on their radar for next summer.