What Makes Dogs So Special and Successful? Love

Thank you Roger it is a very good read.

4 Likes

the conclusion is very interesting

**Q: What do you think we owe to dogs in return for their love?

A* : Dogs gave up their free-ranging, roaming, hunting lives in order to hitch their wagon to ours, and I think that implies duties toward them. You know your dog needs feeding. Most recognize that dogs need exercise. The thing that upsets me is that people don’t give enough thought to the fact that a large part of what makes it so wonderful to live with a dog is your dog’s social nature. You come home and there’s at least somebody who’s happy to see you.

So I think the cruelest thing that we routinely do to our dogs is leaving them home for eight, 10, 12 hours a day. If your life is such that your dog is going to have to be left alone for more than four hours routinely, then you should reconsider whether you have a life that a dog can comfortably fit into.

But the thing about dogs is they make friends so easily. You can have a neighbor or a friend come, or you pay a dog-walking service. That’s part of my whole point here. Your tame wolf will probably not be interested in having a stranger come and take them out. But your dog will.

They are just so snuggly!!

:orangutan: :orangutan: :orangutan:

:dog2: :guide_dog: :service_dog:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes