What’s Your Favourite Movie To Watch Over The Christmas Holidays? 🎥🍿

Just a fun post as Christmas is almost upon us!

There’s no better way to start the holidays than with a Christmas or Holiday movie, so the question is…

What is your favourite movie to watch at this time of year? It doesn’t have to be a Christmas themed one, just one that you love to watch

2 Likes

@Samox24 . Great topic idea. My pick goes to the original 1966 How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I have not (and will not) see any of the updated versions. Cheers

A great movie @MaggieUU and I prefer the 1966 original version too :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

These are fun and some are nostalgic to me: https://screenrant.com/best-claymation-christmas-movies-how-stream/#rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer-1964.

@Maggie8K . My younger brother had nightmares after seeing Bumble the Abominable Snowman in that movie. Of course, we now gift him all kinds of items with that character on them (tree decoations, stickers, fridge magnets)

Die Hard.

Fight me on this one.

Just kidding. :joy:

Love Actually is my all time fav Christmas movie as an adult and I watch it every year (and yes, I love that Mariah Carey song!) but my fav that my family watched every single year from the time it came out in 1984 when I was a teenager is what we affectionately refer to as “You’ll shoot your eye out!” aka A Christmas Story. My dad’s name was Ralph so it was extra special. One of the stations would often play it on a 24-hour loop on Christmas day and we’d leave the TV on with it playing all day.

1 Like

Yep, I am a fan. This is my office corner lamp …

2 Likes

We have a leg lamp Christmas ornament. :leg: :evergreen_tree:

I’ll jump in on this thread and add two of my favourites that I like to watch over the festive period; The Holiday and Gremlins. Gremlins takes me back to my childhood. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love “The Holiday” with Kate Winslet and Jude Law. Also enjoying watching “Scrooge” starring Alistair Sim.

3 Likes

I can never quite get into Christmas movies, but I find that I really enjoy watching movies from my childhood at Christmas like the Goonies, Labyrinth, and so on at the festive season.

1 Like

@Jenny ahh yes The Goonies, another one from my childhood! I love that film :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Snowman animated TV adaptation of the book by Raymond Briggs. David Bowie does the introduction. The stage version is @ The Peacock Theater in London. I went a few days ago.
It’s streaming on channel 4 along with The Snowman and The Snowdog.

3 Likes

It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Carol………… Also the Nightmare before Christmas……… Festive season isn’t complete without seeing these :grin:

4 Likes

I like the silly ones like Scrooged or Muppet Christmas Carol. Also have a soft spot for the musical Christmas Carol with Albert Finney and Nightmare Before Christmas like @Foldor13 . Spirited is a good newer silly one on Apple+.

But more often, I’m just taking downtime to watch all the movies on my “to-watch” list. I just saw one 70s slasher pic called Black Christmas that I liked more than I thought I would! And if you like the MCU, the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special is hilarious. (Tho those aren’t rewatchable favorites.)

2 Likes

@sbwade … oooh, Black Christmas is a Canadian classic!!

2 Likes

A Christmas Carole.
We saw a community play house interpretation this year and loved it.

2 Likes

@ExploreDreamDiscover The Snowman has been my yearly watch since childhood :snowman:

@HelloOutThere I have just watched one of the many Christmas Carole films and also the Muppet Christmas Carole was a childhood favourite as well :laughing:

Little Women is another one that we have watched a lot over the Christmas period.

Happy holiday watching!

3 Likes

I watch White Christmas and It’s a Wonderful Life every year. Sometimes I can find a theatre playing one or the other. I also love the old claymation shows that I watched as a child. Watching them is a family tradition now (Rudolph and Santa Claus is Coming to Town are my favorites). Elf is another favorite.

4 Likes

@Carla today I heard the muppet Christmas song…made me smile still!

4 Likes