Where do you dream of going?

Oooh! I’ll let dear hubby know, as one of the items on his list is to see the light show in the sky. Thanks @Samox24

@Karen_E very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The first time we were there was a long weekend at the height of summer and it was really overwhelming. But our covid stay was the month of November 2021. We were staying right on the royal mile and it was just so dreamy.

NYC just has the most incredible neighborhood pockets. And I just love all the opportunities to be in nature – lost in Central Park or sitting by the river, etc. that make it feel like you aren’t even in the city at all. It’s such a unique place.

1 Like

@Samox24 - do you follow Cecelia Blomdohl? She has the most beautiful IG and does incredible vlogs on her youtube channel – she loves on Svalbard in a semi-off-grid cabin.

3 Likes

@Katie.And.Kris No but I will now…

thank you so much :blush:

2 Likes

I live in Quebec in Canada which is a big country. This summer, I want to go to the Canadian Rockies. I love wide open spaces and beautiful landscapes.

4 Likes

@Etrudel Ive heard such great things about the Canadian Rockies. They’re on my list too. I’m glad you’re going this summer. Please share some pictures of your trip, so the rest of us can live vicariously through you.

3 Likes

One of my favorite quotes is “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s in my list.” And truly that’s what we’re all about as a family. I’ve been to 54 countries and I think 22 states…my goal is to visit 100 countries before I turn 40 which is unlikely unless we move somewhere in Africa soon. So many people think we’ve been everywhere so there must not be anywhere new we want to go….couldn’t be further from the truth we’ve only seen about 20% of the entire world so we’ve got a lot more still to see. Hopefully it’ll be a long life for us both because I know what we want to do! But top of the list right now is to see the northern lights, to see as many animals as we can in their natural habitats before they’re extinct or just impossible to find. My husband has no desire to go to India so I need to find a travel buddy for that trip.

5 Likes

That’s what’s so great about spending long durations in places to really emerge yourself in the cultures and communities.

Svalbard is an archipelago north of Norway in the Arctic. lies about midway between the northern coast of Norway and the Arctic. It’s known for the Arctic wildlife, i.e. Polar Bears, Beluga Whales etc. A friend of mine recently traveled there on an expedition.

Oh my goodness! Some of you have been to dozens of countries! That is just amazing. 93 countries??? Actually visiting them or just passing through? That is amazing.
I have “only” visited (I don’t count passing through or even cruise stops) about 16 countries and, interestingly enough, only 16 states (but that does include Alaska and Hawaii, at least! lol)
I spent so much time returning to France over 30 years that there wasn’t time nor money to travel many other places.
But on my bucket list since I was 19 (several decades ago) is BORA BORA and I would also love to visit Copenhagen and Stockholm.
This fall we are headed to Croatia and Portugal.

3 Likes

@carpediem16 Croatia and Portugal in the fall will be lovely. And Bora Bora! I’d forgotten about Bora Bora…(she adds it to her ever-growing list)

3 Likes

@Kelly That’s one of my favourite quotes too! :+1:t2::earth_americas::blush:

3 Likes

@carpediem16 hubby was a Captain for British Airways, hence he has visited 93 countries so far and he has visited and been out and explored various countries whilst down route. On many occasions we have caught a flight to go and explore further afield, especially on the São Paolo route when you get a good spare few days to a week before heading back. Hubby has always travelled a lot for pleasure too so has often returned to these places and then we go and explore some more! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I see! I should have been dating pilots back in the 80’s/90s!! Lol.
We have no visited much of central or S America (Mexico and Costa Rica only so far) and definitely would like to see more.
Bora Bora has been top of my list for so long but now I’m willing to go to the Maldives instead if somehow that ever is on our radar. Anyone need a sitter for an overwater bungalow?? :rofl:
Interestingly, we have passed down our wanderlust to our girls, mostly our youngest, who managed to visit 12 countries by her 17th birthday (4 of them without us) and recently left her life in San Diego, CA behind and relocated to Nice, France where she endeavors to make her list of 25 countries by the end of her 25th year of life (next year).
She, too, is going to travel on her own and also will begin pet/housesitting!

Brings us back to the ongoing question…is it nature or nurture?? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We would like to sit in places we have longed to visit. This includes stays in Europe - Italy, Greece, Portugal and Ireland. We would love to be able to go early or stay late to see what the areas are like. We would relish the opportunity to see parts of the South Pacific. Specifically we would enjoy watching pets close to shorelines in Australia, NZ, Tahiti, etc)
There are only a few states we haven’t seen but hope to one day have extended stays in: MT, WY, MI, and the Dakotas.
We haven’t sat much for several months. Took a break after spending 9 months on the road with moving to FL from CA.
We hope to get back to sitting some furry friends soon, though! Am now going to read each of the posts about others’ dream locations! Everyone is SO different!

2 Likes

What a great attitude! Also, glad you have no rtravel regrets

2 Likes

I dream of going exactly where I am going: all over Scotland, with my calling to
The Hebrides, + The Cairngorms,
all the isles and mountains, being the strongest of all,
where we can run free in beauty!

4 Likes

I dream of going back to New Zealand … We were there in 2011, in Christchurch when the earthquake hit in spite of that experience and probably partly because of it, I want to go back as the memories I have of my time there are not done. There are some I know I missed making.

It is a stunning country (a mini Canada) with lovely people and I dream of #MoreNewZealand

While there I had the most fabulous horse ride through Lord Of The Rings country … 4 hours of truly stunning magnificence … my husband would say the wineries were his star moment and we would both say the Canyon Jet Boat ride was incredible, the ride to the canyon not so much, my life flashed before me on the mountain side. :wink:

So for me it’s New Zealand … but I also dream of going “Home” to BC Canada :canada:

1039704_10152218801604348_33402642_o
1930365_26781889347_7909_n

6 Likes

LOVE THIS! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes