Where is the housesitter database

Looking for the page to search for houses, but all I can see is forum topics.

I also wanted to introduce myself and create my profile, but no, nowhere to be found.

Very confused how to use this website.

the forum is separate from the Trusted House Sitter main site. If you click on the figure of a house/dog face at the far left of the title bar it should take you to the main site. You should be able to browse without being a member but you can’t choose a sitter/house sit or make a profile without joining. Hopefully someone with more experience can make this clearer than I can :slight_smile:

@liz I think you explained that very well. @EmilyB I’ll just add a link to the information on how to become a TrustedHousesitter.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator :canada:

1 Like

Adding to what Liz and Snowbird have written, I think only the house sits in your country will come up when you browse without becoming a member. So it allows you to see limited sits, not the entire data base. I may be wrong, but I think that is the case.

1 Like

I just tried this (logged out). I chose Find a Sit. I was only able to choose “anywhere” as the location and then I had 4 rough choices for dates (anytime, next two months etc).

But when I clicked Next, sits from around the world showed, but were blocked by the window asking me to set up a free account first.

So I set up a new free account and it gave me full access to sits from all over the world.

Thanks @Kelownagurl, that is the current procedure for browsing. Essentially you always need to provide an email before you can browse, but this doesn’t involve any payment or payment details. It’s a free option to get a glimpse into the world of house sitting and how it all works before making the choice to sign up to a membership plan.

1 Like

@EmilyB Welcome, and I can see that you’ve now found you’re way to creating the free account. Thanks to everyone who’s helped Emily :pray: overnight. Emily, have you got all the information you need for the moment? Do you have any other questions?

If you do need any further help or questions answering, please don’t hesitate to reach out here. Our moderation team are all either house sitters or homeowners, or both… so very well qualified to give you guidance. You can ask a question publicly or via DM. Our membership services team outside the forum are also available to help our new members with onboarding.

Looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum as your house sitting adventures unfold!

All the best, Vanessa and the forum team

Thanks everyone for reply :wave:t3::blush::heart:

I think that makes sense. Although to be honest, it was constant looking at the detailed sits when I had a free account that made me finally decide to join back in 2017. I’m not 100% I would have done it if I hadn’t been able to read the details and get a better idea of what a sit looked like, but I’m certainly glad I did!

2 Likes