Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Suggestions for Brittany, France

A month in and two to go in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Wild barn cat is now fairly domesticated and no longer, well not in my presence, jumping up all over the kitchen surfaces, nor stealing food.
Little one is still just as sweet, both happy.

Today was mow and weed wack day!

Plus the added bonus of dealing with Elderbox bugs! Never seen these critters before but they are in season and according to the local news in unusually high numbers. They are pretty invasive, not harmful but they were everywhere, in and outside the home.
Did some research online and apparently glass cleaner works best!
And so it did
And problem resolved.
All is well.

3 Likes

Today is my first day on a new housesit. I’m always very excited and the princess I look after is my friend already!

7 Likes

What a beautiful picture “It speaks a thousand words of bliss” thank you for sharing @Coriena . :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

This is Hnoss making the most of an unexpected afternoon of UK sunshine

7 Likes

We’ve been looking after Eliot … A tiny Yorkshire Terrier who belongs to our local mayor! Slowly spreading the word about pet sitting in our local community here in France :smile_cat::paw_prints::rabbit::dog::dog2::sheep::cow2::goat::rooster:

Going to miss him… he’s been a real snuggler!

9 Likes

I’m on my first doggy sit since March 2020 … it’s heaven and pawfect, unlike the images I’ve posted. I’m in Edinburgh with Dexter and he is forcing me to leave my computer and get out in the fresh air and walk on the beach, yes Edinburgh has a beach …

It’s been raining cats and dogs but we’ve had fun … so if you have joined the army working from home give a high five if pet sitting is your way of maintaining a good work life balance.

Turn your lap top sideways to view :sweat_smile: :heart: :dog:

6 Likes

What a doll baby. Get out there and play.
I have 31 days left here and today and tomorrow are the last of the warm temps with expected first frost on Wednesday.
Already got my Welcome Guide for my next sit.
Buhbye it’s sunshine :sunny: time.

4 Likes

On my 3rd day of a sit in Eden Prairie, MN with a pair of shin tzu looking dogs and a cockatiel.

Teddy (left) and Bob - there was a Jack but he died.

Snowy
Starting to get cold - first freeze of the season was night before last.
Having lunch next week with another THer who is sitting in the area.
Also connected with some old friends as I lived in the area 1977-1991.

4 Likes

I have just said goodbye to this adorable boy after spending a delightful week in his company in the city of Edinburgh … I miss him already.

Unfortunately I arrived home to a completely defrosted freezer (full to the brim with food) and two fridges … breaker blown and took out the whole house. Now how many times have said “Not only do your pets get to stay happy at home but your home is kept safe and secure and should the power go out you won’t lose a freezer full of food”

I should have gone to TrustedHousesitters!! :laughing: … Have to laugh otherwise :sob:

2 Likes

After 19 months, we’re finally on a housesit! It’s only 4 nights but it’s a lovely location with beautiful views of the marina, on Salt Spring Island on the coast of BC.

To make it a little more interesting there’s a huge storm about to hit tomorrow and last through until late Monday. We are supposed to catch two ferries to head home on Monday, but who knows what will happen now. It’s an adventure!

4 Likes

ENJOY the adventure!

1 Like

Yay @Kelownagurl … back housesitting!! That’s wonderful news after such a long wait. Very happy for you! Stay safe in the storm, and let us know how the adventure to get home unfolds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We ended up leaving the island a day early, in advance of the storm (agreed upon with the home owner who also wanted to return a day early.) We had a 7 hour, two ferry trip to the mainland which was mostly just waiting at ferry terminals, but it all worked out in the end.

4 Likes

Today the views from my window greeted me with grace and fire. 3 weeks left and feeling grateful to have experienced the splendors of the seasons. Been raking and mulching leaves nearly every day. Something I haven’t enjoyed in years.
Kitties have been able to spend a few hours in the sunshine and momma in France continues to delight me with stories and photos of her very happy holiday.

4 Likes

They kind of look like Gizzie and Scooter!

Fun fact: Amparo was the first TH sitter for the sit that I’m now at.

3 Likes

It is a wonderful big small world!

3 Likes

This just in from Minnesota!
Life is good and kitties provide the evidence!

1 Like

Hi I’m afraid if you don’t poo pick, the grass becomes what they call horse sick! Basically they won’t eat grass that poo has soaked in earth… it’s hard work… I know lol… good luck

2 Likes

Hi @Claudine welcome to our community forum thank you for joining … poo picking is actually amazing exercise apart from essential husbandry as you so rightly say.

We look forward to more equine care tips if you have them to share … :wink:

Enjoy connecting with other members of the community.

Angela & The Team