Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

@ElsieDownie @Claudine @Angela_L

Poo picking in action (on a sit in UK) … I did come to quite enjoy it with my 3 little helpers :heart_eyes: and definitely good exercise!! But first time I was amazed at how much poo one horse could produce :joy:

6 Likes

I actually LOVE the smell of horses … every part of them.

When we were sitting in Spain and I was volunteering at the rescue yard, when I came home to the villa I was asked (made) to undress outside as my “Eau De Equine” was not fragrance of the moment to my other half :rofl: :racehorse: :horse:

6 Likes

Happy Caturday everyone after driving from one end of the country to the other and losing a cup of tea into my lap while driving :scream: wasn’t too hot just VERY wet!! I’ve arrived at my latest sit (my seventh time with this wonderful family) and a new arrival … 8 months of lively feline and some very sharp teeth.

Sadly we said goodbye to Izzy in 2020 at the age of 21 (bottom left pic) and our owners went 1 year before getting this little one … To say she is a live wire is an understatement they are obviously besotted but said we did ask ourselves “What have we done?” :heart_eyes_cat: :wink:

She has a wonderful catio and goes for morning walks on the lead … Woof!!

Can anyone guess her breed and her name? Think color and an iconic fashion designer.

Have a wonderful pet sitting weekend :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Coco? Burmese?

1 Like

In one @Debbie … or should I say two. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

@Angela_L she looks like a younger version of Livvie who we looked after in August.

2 Likes

Marvelous @anon36831737
Selamat!

2 Likes

All is well in Minnesota

5 Likes

Thank you @Claudine for this explanation : we did a lot of horse poo picking last winter. First thing in the morning while feeding and same thing in the evening so it was a great time to enjoy dawn and dust. I took it as a meditative task !!

3 Likes

We are just back from Dordogne from 2 lovely sits - one return sit and a new one ! 2 dogs each time and a special :heart: for this Great Dane : bigger dog ever !! Loved him !

5 Likes

We arrived yesterday afternoon. It still hasn’t sunk in yet. I think we must be the luckiest sitters on this site. Two months in paradise.
Solarte Island, Panama.

11 Likes

Welcome to paradise @ElsieDownie … have a nice day!! Looks absolutely wonderful I am not at all, even the slightest tinged green :rofl: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Looks fantastic. You are so lucky.
Unrelated question, how do you deal with bitey bugs. I’ve got Avon simple lotion, which I usually use, but no avail. They are ferocious! My husband bought deep woods but it stinks and I’m sure it’s toxic. Spent five years in the tropics on a yacht but never had them this bad.

1 Like

Ah, the midges love me as well. I always find ants very entertaining, but I’ve never had to deal with them in a house. But I know where your coming from, one word cockroaches.
That would be great, any recommendations would be very helpful.

1 Like

Great pics. I’m green over here.
Try a little sugar mixed in with Borax or whatever the equivalent is there. Sprinkle around it will deter them greatly.

1 Like

a suggestion we got while on the boat was to rub your legs with dryer sheets - never tried it. If Deep Woods has deet it will turn a lot of rubber type things sticky - eg: screwdriver handles, computer surrounds, etc

We are in Manchester UK with Freddy - He should be used to the rainy weather here but does like a towel when he comes in from a wet walk :rofl:

12 Likes

I wonder if this is related to blood type. I am A+ and the bugs don’t bother me much. My husband and daughter are O+ and they are eaten up by them. The other possibility is that I take a multivitamin, in addition to B vitamins and other supplements (they do not). I have heard that this makes you not taste good to biting insects. Although they say this is a fallacy. I’m not so sure.

1 Like

I have heard that as well. What about garlic? They’re not supposed to like the taste of garlic. Maybe a put garlic in everything I eat.
The blood idea makes sense.

Well…
I did a sit for a woman who is a malariologist! She is a freaking mosquito expert! PhD certified works for huge world wide health organization that will remain anonymous :grin: She had mosquito pics, sculptures…
Anyhoo, I asked here and she said yes people who are O+ like spicy food, garlic, onions, hot sauce are their favorite meal!