Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

What a beautiful cat @Colin and super images …Christmas in Spain, are you there for New Year also? Thank you for sharing and enjoy.

@Angela_L - We are here in Girona till the 29th of December so will spend Christmas here, Then, following this, we have been lucky enough to secure a sit in Barcelona which is only an hours train journey from here so we will welcome in 2022 whilst we are there - The perfect to end our first-year house & pet sitting!

7 Likes

Girona looks amazing @Colin and so does Blue!

1 Like

It really is beautiful @Debbie - We have never been before so were not really sure what to expect - plus the sun is out - plus Blue is adorable! It’s a win-win-win !!

2 Likes

Home with my

girls again till mid January in total bliss

(repeat sit)

6 Likes

@Amparo Love those sweet doggy faces!!! I’m heading back home tomorrow after 2 weeks with family. Otis must be missing his Mommy and Daddy because he crawled into bed with me last night. This old guy acts like a puppy in the snow but doesn’t like steps!

3 Likes

Try editing your post so pics come through @Joanne . I want to see. :heart_eyes:

This “home” is a sit I do 2-3 times a year since 2018. Never get tired of these girls, this place or these people. It is always a pleasure to be here.
These are the best dogs ever and The bengal is a sweetheart.

3 Likes

I tried editing…no luck!

5 Likes

Aw now I see! Beautiful!
Worth the wait!

Hi everyone! I am in sunny Florida. First sit since 2019. Let me introduce you to Cocoa and Boggart. Lovely furry friends.

6 Likes

Hi @Brigitte that’s wonderful news, thank you for sharing these lovely pics and enjoy the sunshine.

1 Like

@Brigitte So happy to see you back on a sit with two very lovely furry friends :blush: Are you there through the holidays?

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa-Admin
No, only a 4 days sit. We ( my sister and I ) then move to an hôtel for a five days réunion with daughter and son in law.

Slowly but surely.
BB

3 Likes

Lovely to have that time with your sister followed up a family reunion… sometimes slowly is good :slight_smile: Have a wonderful time and here’s to more sits in 2022 !

1 Like

Happy Monday

7 Likes

We are currently on a local house sit in our area. We are new to THS and are trying to formulate our criteria for “best fit” sits. Our current sit is definitely a learning experience. We have identified that we do not want to be too remote and on acreage. We uncomfortable with geriatric pets, and already know we are not the best people to deal with complex medical issues. We are still unsure how to screen the owners. Our current sit has changed the sit multiple times, changed dogs and made multiple new requests of us. We feel a bit taken advantage of in this placements. How can we do better?
I agree communication is good. I don’t think communication is bad just the multitude of late changes and added requests.

2 Likes

Hi @Badtoby , this has happened to many of us at the beginning. Sorry you’re in this less than ideal situation, but it’s good that you are learning from it. When the HO changes the agreed-upon arrangements and you are not comfortable with them, you have the right to cancel.

There are several topics about questions a sitter should ask the HO before accepting a sit. Take a look at

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/list-of-questions-from-sitters-to-owners

1 Like

Hello @Badtoby
It’s good that you are learning what your likes and dislikes are as that will help you to define and refine your criteria for future sits.
However what you are describing is not very clear. Are these changes occurring while you are on the sit? or an already agreed upon future sit?
How are they changing the dogs?
Once you have agreed upon a sit, you need not feel obligated to agree with any new requests that you are not comfortable with.
Perhaps @Angela_L can speak to you directly on your concerns.
Best wishes.

1 Like

Hi @Badtoby welcome to our forum and I see you already have the support of other community members.

The first few sit experiences can be a learning curve and that applies to both sitters and owners we learn something from each one … I still do even after 14 years. Congratulations on your other four sits, your reviews are excellent, I’m sure you have already learned quite a bit.

You can Direct Message me about your current sit and the concerns you have, as any forum posts about sits should be an objective overview, not personally detailed or overly specific.

We have really very good informative article on the website Blog should you need help and guidance and of course our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.

Welcome again.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

@BunnyCat So pleased to hear you found a replacement sit and what an interesting one! Enjoy!

2 Likes