Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

We are on our very first sit, and it just so happens to be a local one! Much to our surprise, the HO actually reached out to us for this sit. All is well here in Daphne, AL with these cute little ones to cuddle with each day!!! Happy to say the weather is mild, and Roger is able to travel out to work every morning. Definitely feels like a staycation :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

My first sit. Piece of cake!

7 Likes

I like your socks, Colin.

Congratulations on your first sits @Brad & @Joanne those are some very happy looking pets

Although I can’t believe this is the first for either of you, ducks to water comes to mind :slightly_smiling_face:

Enjoy and thank you for sharing …

3 Likes

Oh no!! That’s not good!! I also had a sit where the parameters kept changing & it was very stressful, un relaxing & I also felt taken advantage of.

:duck: :duck: :duck:

I think you definitely learn over time what things to look out for a bit…

:lion: :frog: :lion: :frog:

Hope your next sit goes better than this one though!!

:penguin: :giraffe: :penguin: :giraffe:

2 Likes

M’y new baby. The owner told me, he takes time to warm up. Firs moment after they left very early, my friend in my bed.
Hahaha

7 Likes

Merry Christmas Sitters and Pet owners around the globe!
Today I find myself on my third Christmas with my beloved dog and cat family where I feel so very grateful and fortunate to be.
We hope that wherever you are in the world you too feel the wonder of the special moments during this time.

8 Likes

Enjoying some quiet time in Chicago with this sweet little one!

5 Likes

Fluffy Buffy in her Christmas hat

9 Likes

M’y Christmas friend.

7 Likes

Sitting in Pleasantville, NY with a dog, 2 cats, a ball python (my first reptile), and a fish.
Trixie is young (not 1 yet) and still learning but good on walks except for barking at every dog we see. She has been good with the dogs we met, though. Loves to fetch in the back yard but not too good at releasing/dropping so I can toss the stick or ball again.

Zaggy and Zooma are the cats and I’m not positive which is which. Zaggy is 11 years old and really big, Zooma is 4 years old. The cats stay upstairs in the bedrooms although Zooma (I think) did venture downstairs one day. Trixie didn’t bother her at all but Trixie stays downstairs because the cats are free feeders.

And this is my first snake sit - don’t know the snake’s name. Will only feed him/her once. Defrost a frozen mouse and use kitchen tongs to put into the snake terrarium. (Warning, the second picture includes the snake starting to eat the mouse - 15 minutes later the mouse was nowhere to be seen.)

Pleasantille is about 50 minutes by train from Grand Central in NYC. Had been planning to maybe go into the city for a day but with the current covid situation I’ll probably just do things in the area. Had lunch with an old friend on Thursday, had been planning to meet another TH today to visit the Edward Hopper House and have lunch but she is concerned about covid so I’ll go out but we won’t meet.
I’m here until 2 Jan.

7 Likes

Happy Boxing Day everyone! We are on a lovely sit in Northern France. We’ve got an affectionate home cat and a feral family who live outside… But come for feeding and occasional strokes! Looking forward to exploring the area close to home as we are here for almost a month :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Hi everyone!

I am on a shorter one week sit relatively close to home. I like to think of it as almost a staycation with benefits. The benefits are these cuties.

Also, some chickens, a bunny and a shy cat.

I’m really enjoying the walking trails here in Peterborough after seeing the same sights at home for so long.
Enjoy your sit everyone and stay safe!
Cindy

5 Likes

NYE in Pleasantville. The sit will end Sunday morning. The young female cat, Zooma and the pup, Trixie decided to put on a show for me in the kitchen today.

5 Likes

We stayed fairly close to home and found this sit in Aveiro. It is only a 2 hr train ride from our home in Lisbon. Chocho has been a very good girl for us while her Mom went back to the US for the Holidays.

8 Likes

We are back in Wilmington, North Carolina for two repeat sits. Liza is a sweetheart! We also have a new sit in the area which gets us out of cold, snowy Michigan until March. My daughter and her family live nearby so we will spend some time with them while having our own place, and dog, to come home to. A perfect situation! Today we volunteered with the local Sierra Club chapter and took a walk to collect litter along the roadway.

8 Likes

Got a text last night from the Pleasantville folks. Their connecting flight from LAX to JFK for today was cancelled so they won’t be home until Monday. Asked if I could stay an extra day. Since I drove to this sit, that is easy so will feed the snake a 2nd time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@toml I’ve also been asked to stay an extra night, as my HO is driving back rather than flying. Easy for me to extend one day, as my ticket to fly home was for the following day. My son lives nearby, and I had intended to sleep the last night at his place. It’s great when we can accommodate those requests without readjusting our schedule too much.

How did you get on with that? Was it live food?

It was a frozen mouse. I thawed it in a glass of warm water for about 15 minutes and then used kitchen tongs to place it on the log that the snake curled up inside of. S/he I guess smelled it because within a minute the snake stuck its head out and started looking for the mouse. Within about 10 minutes the mouse was swallowed. There is a pic a few messages back of the snake and the snake starting on the mouse.

1 Like