Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Last few days in South Carolina (at least till March), 25F and grateful for foot warmers.

3 Likes

Do I reply to this, first post, or to the most recent one?
My query is, is anyone else sitting in San Miguel de Allende, MX now?
NancyG

2 Likes

You have arrived. Are you on a sit now or looking to connect with folks in that particular area?

I am on a sit in SMA, and would enjoy meeting other sitters and HO too.

Started a 3 cat sit on Thursday in West Haven, CT. Temperature was in the 40s. Saturday noon and the temp is 13F with a wind chill below 0; the high today is forecast to be 20 but the sun is shining. Rain and snow Monday.
Cats are friendly, house is warm.
Gizmo on the chair, Moxxie under the chair. Gizmo is a Hemingway or polydactyl - almost like a thumb on her front paws. Both are female.

George in a scratching box. He is younger and found the family a few years ago.

Anybody else in the area? I’m here until the end of the month while TH family is cruising from Puerto Rico.

5 Likes

Bummer, I’ve had two cancel in Northern California due to Covid and cancelations, very disappointed, yet that’s the misfortune of our current climate. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Well I was supposed to be sitting for two adorable kitties, yet the families daughter came down with covid before heading back to college so they had to cancel.

2 Likes

Hi @Catgoddess_99 welcome to our community forum and sorry to hear about your cancellations but unfortunately as you say this is a sign of the times.

No one likes to cancel arrangements but there are times when it is completely unavoidable but as long as communications are exchanged in a timely manner tis will help limit the inconvenience for everyone concerned.

Thank you for joining in the conversation I hope you will browse the many other topics of discussion and perhaps add some of your own experiences?

BTW love your forum name, there is a great thread about forum ID’s and how members came about them, you might like to let us into the secret of Catgoddess :heart_eyes_cat:

Angela and the Team

1 Like

My 2 week sit with a cat trio in West Haven, CT ends Sunday.
It’s been very cold. And lots of attractions have been closed.
The Pez Factory Museum was open. Lots of displays and a view into the factory where Pez are made and packaged. PEZ Visitor Center - Hours and Location – PEZ Candy

And the Merritt Pkwy museum celebrating one of the first limited access highways and beautiful designs. Really just photos and maps displayed in the lobby of a small office building off the parkway. https://www.merrittparkway.org/parkway-museum

Did get to the boardwalk on a warm day. Most of the benches are dedicated, including this one that didn’t want to miss anyone.

Storm Kenan is blowing through now. About 3 inches of snow so far. Will see if I will be able to drive back south tomorrow.

Gizmo still wants to go out!

7 Likes

Thank you @toml and Gizmo … We hope you are not in the storm path and if you are stay safe and warm :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The view from our 16th floor apartment overlooking Central Park.

Tika and me on our morning walk.

Our fly past this afternoon. How did they know we were here?

10 Likes

Great spot for walking!!!

1 Like

We did over 6 miles yesterday.

3 Likes

New addition today

8 Likes

What a sweet face @Grandma

We started a return sit today in Bristol where we live with 2 Chihuahuas who we absolutely adore. It was lovely walking in and seeing them realise that we are caring for them again. They were very excited!

6 Likes

Isn’t that a wonderful feeling @UKSitter walking through the door and being greeted by an old friend … I remember visiting an owner (now a dear friend) at her LA office and Stella “our dog” was in the office, when Stella heard my voice she came running through howling her greetings and never left my side for the time I was in the office, that was a very special moment.

6 Likes

They never forget you. Always feels fabulous to see an old friend who loves you unconditionally no matter how much time has passed.

2 Likes

Second day in and it is a rainy cold day on the homestead in North Carolina.
Chickens are staying in the coop and Dora the explorer (cat) has only sauntered to explore what is cooking in the kitchen. The weather did not deter me from taking a leisurely walk on the unpaved roads and stepping through the many muddy puddles with the floral wellies left for my use.

A month long sit in the country, I ordered provisions which arrived yesterday and have been keeping my own self creating and having fun in the very large, well stocked kitchen, slicing, dicing, simmering and freezing an assortment of veg and fruit. Dora enjoys a tiny bit of butter served on a folded napkin while the chickens feast on chopped fresh veg :grinning:
Yesterday I learned that apple cider vinegar is good for hen health (just like humans). The HO asked me to prepare a fresh gallon of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and pour into their clean plastic (heated) water dish. The vinegar causes corrosion to metal and should only be given in a plastic bowl!
So curious bird that I am, I had to learn more.
ACV benefits:
Improves the hen’s Immune system, gut health and respiratory system just as it does for humans!
The things you learn and do while pet sitting.

love the kitchen jungle

carrot madness
happy kitchen kitty

11 Likes

That’s interesting about the apple cider vinegar @Amparo . On my last sit the homeowner had prepared a vinegar and water spray for use in cleaning the (plastic) hen house.

1 Like