Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Vinegar in all varieties is one of those things that has an abundance of purposes and uses. Numerous health benefits such as probiotic properties and much much more but that will lead us down a totally different, but wonderful rabbit hole :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi all, day 3 of a 4 day sit while the lovely HOs get married :tada:. Very excited, energetic young Speagal and 4 cats. We are working on a little discipline and lots of big walks. It’s quite nice weather here in Sydney Australia but still some rainy days. Tomorrow I head 5+ hours drive for a nearly month sit!

4 Likes

Okay we know that sometimes HOs will ask us to do unusual things but sometimes we do things for unusual things!

Feed nuts twice daily for this extraordinary family of three.

With gusto!

I love THiS life :heart:

These are all pics of the same bold and brave one.

10 Likes

Are all three white with the gray “brow”?

1 Like

Just started a sit this morning with a 2 year old cavoodle (or cavapoo) - cavalier King Charles spaniel/mini-poodle cross named Flynn.

Hayes/Bromley, UK, about 40/50 minutes by train from Charing Cross.
Very comfortable house and the HOs have put me up since Thurs so I got to spend a day before the sit at an amazing photo exhibit, Amazonia, at the science museum.

And try out an Asian food court - pretty good for not being in Asia. The dumplings I had were some of the best ever.

This is the first of a string of 5 UK sits. I head back to the US on 15 March.
Take care.
Tom

8 Likes

Two have the grey toupee and one has a grey stripe almost like a skunk :skunk:. That one is a bit shy.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing pix of your latest sit @toml and it epitomizes the diversity that house sitting offers… great connections with homeowners, interesting places to visit, new food options, and best of all the pets you’ll be sharing that with!! Great you can get to London easily… it’s often simpler and less stressful from the suburbs. We are on an easy London line from the south at the moment too! Enjoy your weekend!!

2 Likes

How wonderful! Was thinking of you and how your trip was going. I have a flurry of sits lined up in Bromley and Beckenham!
Bromley town center has a very nice shopping area for strolling and sitting. A nice variety of shops, eateries and sometimes you’ll catch some street performers. They also have an open food market.
In Beckenham there is a lovely park, about 98 hectares with lakes and lots of wildlife.
Enjoy!

3 Likes

I’ve tried 2 of the 3 cafes around the Hayes/Kent station that are close walking distance from the house. Both had good food and both made excellent flat whites - and at prices far better than the US.
There is a Sunday Market at Crystal Palace Park unless the forecast rain comes through. I read that well-behaved dogs on lead are welcome (and free) on London subways, buses, etc and also on Southeastern trains. I need to check out Flynn’s behavior a bit more before i take him anywhere by public transport, I think.
Other ‘attractions’ in the area are Down House, Darwin’s home and Bethlem Museum of the Mind or Bedlam, a mental health museum on the site of an early mental hospital.

5 Likes

Caught this beautiful breathtaking sunrise yesterday over the North Carolina mountains only to be utterly and blissfully amazed when turned and saw the view the sun was seeing.

No filter
Nature in the raw

9 Likes

We have just finished our latest sit today on the East side of the Jura Mountains near Geneva looking after Mabel the Galgo or Spanish Greyhound. A sheer delight and we are missing her already.

13 Likes

GORGEOUS! love Greyhounds XXXXX

2 Likes

While I"m not technically on a sit I am in one of my favorite sitting locations Bainbridge Island WA … I flew in from the UK on Sunday, first time on a plane since March 2020!!

I’m staying with a very dear “sister” friend (family you choose) and we met through THS indirectly nine years ago (6 degrees of separation)

I’ve looked after Paddington and his sister Coco, who we sadly lost 3 years ago, many times and now enjoying being back with him and Mum, Cally until I fly to San Diego next week.

My question to you is … how old is Paddington?

So yes I’m on a sit, sitting by the fire, "talking’ to our community and enjoying the view. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

It truly does my heart good to see that you have these moments to sit and enjoy the peace and serenity of a place that is so meaningful to you with people and animals whom you have a strong connection with.
These are the moments that infuse so much life into our being, enjoy to the max.

Paddington looks like a very happy pup to see you again. My guesstimate is 12 years happy.

1 Like

Lucky you to finally get back to one of your favourite places :-). I’m with @Amparo - my guess is that cute Paddington is 12 (or thereabouts :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Hi @Amparo & @liz thank you for your good wishes … Paddington is 17 in fact closer to 18 and looks no different to when he was 10 … I wish I knew his secret, although I’m glad I’m not covered in white hair. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:

3 Likes

Wow! Well done Paddington! Bless him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must be that peaceful, glorious environment!
Take it all in. :heart:

Good boy Paddington :kissing_heart:

1 Like

We’re on the island next to you in the PNW, Angela, Vashon Isl. We’re finishing up a sit with a kitty who hid from us for three days but is now a cuddle-bum. She has the loudest purr and makes lots of small chirping noises. Next week we head across the US for a sit on Cape Cod with a young dog.
I’m accomplishing my goal to go to places where I’ve never been. Each sit is different and we learn many things. My thanks to the Administrators for this forum, its such a great source of information.

Our Charge sleeping with her stuffed falcon.

7 Likes

Continuing my week with Flynn in Hayes, UK. He is spending the entire night on the bed with me now.

Went to visit the Bethlem Museum of the Mind, a fascinating museum about mental health located in a 1930s building that was built as a mental health ward at Bethlem hospital, also known as Bedlam.
A gallery about mental health and the history of treatment.

These were at the gates of a prior location of the hospital.

And this is in the boardroom of the building.

And a special exhibit of the work of Louis Wain, who drew animals, especially cats. Wain was a patient at Bethlem and other mental hospitals.

An excellent start to 5 sits over 6 weeks in the UK.
Tom

10 Likes