Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Been loving life (surprise) doing back to back sits in my idea of paradise.
Most recently 3 gorgeous cats, one with special needs in a beautiful home owned by a strong independent woman who I got along with so well we lounged on the couch drinking cocktails and enjoyed Chinese take away in the garden.
This week I am once again reminded that there are many colors and shade of paradise. The home is tucked away in a small town I was told "there is nothing there’. Well nothing looks and feels pretty fabulous as I sit in this gorgeous English garden listening to my favorite Paul McCartney songs feeling and thinking how wonderful life is. My Little Cat is a senior, deaf and a doll baby who has her own spa station for brushing and special snuggles. What a privilege to be here in this moment, to care for Little Cat and water this garden.
I love this life. Yeah I know…here I go again being “silly” <3

But no one says it better than Sir Paul himself
"Love doesn’t come in a minute, Sometimes it doesn’t come at all
I only know that when I’m it, love isn’t silly at all’

Cheers everyone!

12 Likes

@Amparo Heavenly. Where in England are you?

2 Likes

Ha ha you made me think…
Harlow 40" SE of London.
But there’s nothing here :rofl:

3 Likes

Too bad, we’re quite far apart.

1 Like

For the first time ever we are on a house sit with no pets!

So it’s just me, the sun, Brighton beach, and my own personal two legged fur baby to keep me company :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Hi @ Colin, that looks mighty relaxing… :smiley:

By the way, you may have mentioned it --but which is Colin and which is Karyo?

1 Like

I hope you have LOTS of sunscreen on and something soft to sit on those stones that pass for a beach can be a little uncomfortable … Enjoy London By The Sea :uk: :sunglasses:

Hi Sharon - It’s easy to tell us apart, Karyo has more hair and more teeth. :rofl:
He is Greek hence his unusual name (Karyofyllis)

2 Likes

Karyofyllis is a beautiful and unique name. :grinning:

2 Likes

Good on you @temba can’t wait until we get over there in November

Enjoy your vacation time!

1 Like
![image|666x500](upload://8Y2NQMdQgVqvNNJ1etxtKDxfhOu.jpeg)

7 Likes

Me: Come on, it’s 11pm, time for bed!

Pooch: No bed! More ball!! :laughing:

4 Likes

We’re on a housesit in a small town just outside of Antwerp, Belgium. This is a charming area with children playing in the streets and many people on bicycles. The city of Antwerp is the second largest city in Belgium and it seems very international. Lots of great tourist attractions and the central train station is beautiful. We have two young, male cats who are a pleasure to care for. They aren’t much for cuddling, but boy, do they love to play. The homeowners have a large stock of toys for them.

8 Likes

She is so sweet.

10 Likes

Moved on to my second housesit in rural UK. Meet Tommy and Poppy!

8 Likes

Brilliantly. I sit for the most adorable, loving, affectionate, fun Havanese. There is, however, one teeny-tiny problem? inconvenience? situation? I´d like to share with you should you ever sit a dog at this location - which you absolutely must if such an occasion presents itself. Korea.

Most Koreans, especially the elderly ones are afraid of dogs. And it shows. My people-loving Havanese ignores everyone including joggers and bikers that cross his path … but … the scared (elderly) people. As soon as he sees someone trying to sneak or run around him, he begins to growl or even tries to “attack” them. This keeps me on full alert, especially during our morning walks when we have to share the walking paths with plenty of elderly people doing their morning exercise and power walks, which btw is very impressive to see.

The younger people, many of whom, own dogs themselves are much more open and even come spontaneously to say hello to me and “my” doggy. Young kids are even more relaxed and always wave at every passing dog.

8 Likes

A week with 3 cats in Occidental, Calif. The house is set in the woods with some small vineyards around it. Nearest big town is Santa Rosa. From the back deck.

Bobsalot is an older tailless Manx who is supposed to be the friendliest, but maybe not to me -

Sahara Sky is a 9 yo Siamese who is visible, but standoffish.

Addi Mae is a year old Russian blue and the friendliest and most playful. She loves ice cubes.

The back deck is a delight, unfortunately the cats are explorers and there are various wild critters about so they stay inside and watch me and the birds through the windows.

9 Likes

@toml Looks gorgeous. How are you getting around there? Your own car? A rental?

HOs are letting me use their car, as did the folks in Colo for the last 3 weeks.
In each case, they pick me up at the airport and then I bring the car back to the airport for their return and fly out.
If it is a US sit that requires a car and too far for me to drive to, then I ask if I can use their car. I’m seldom turned down.

5 Likes