Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

I’m a little surprised by how many people are open to this. Glad to hear it.

1 Like

Back on land and loving these cooler temps in Edinburgh, Scotland. After 4 days of roaming the area, these sweet little kitties are keeping us company for the week :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

RadarInc - great picture. Where is Seoul is that?

1 Like

Jeju island in s Korea

1 Like

Thank you @toml, all shots are from Gyeongbokgung Palace

I think I’ve only had 1 person in the US say no when asked. And in 2019 folks in the UK and 2020 South Korea agreed. I’ve got a few sits that I’m working on in Europe where folks have said okay as well.
But the UK is a different story - even for an insurance supplement, UK insurance companies are saying no. Maybe my age - 71 now.

1 Like

Out and about in Sebastopol - went to Santa Rosa to see the Charles Schultz museum. Nice place, Schultz and Peanuts history, lots of original cartoons.

Schultz and the artist Christo became friends when Christo created Running Fence in the county. He wrapped Snoopy’s house.

Schultz’s studio is recreated in the museum.

4 Likes

I raised my eyebrows - Ukraine? Now??? - and then read on and realised there must be a second Sebastopol :smiley:

I love your trip reports @toml .

1 Like

How fun is that?!

So adorable!

@toml … sorry, the wrong reply, thought you were commenting on another post … this is Guryong Park

3 Likes

Chicago! Getting checked over.

5 Likes

Hanging out with this beautiful girl in Dublin

9 Likes

Awwww. She’s adorable. What a great picture. Thanks for sharing it @andrealovesanimals. :heart_eyes:

Aww, I love budgies - the only pet my parents would let me have as a child!

2 Likes

Posting from our first sit from THS in beautiful sunny Surrey, UK.

We sold our house just two weeks ago today. Since then we hopped across the pond to visit my Brother in Washington, Tyne & Wear, had a day trip to Durham, stayed over with old friends in Braughing, and started our first sit just over a week ago. Our principal charge is the delightful Ruby, a terrier with bundles of energy and oozing cuteness.

We’ve taken her everywhere with us on trips up Leith Hill in Forest Green, around Guildford, and Godalming, and up Box Hill in Dorking. She’s getting lots of exercise and we’re seeing the Surrey countryside at its very best. And hardly a drop of rain since we landed in the UK (is this the same damp country I left 30 years ago?)

12 Likes

Definitely looks heavenly amparo

2 Likes

I am house sitting a blind rescue cat, Noodles. She was from Egypt. As ancient Egyptians believe that cats are gods, she must be one. Imagine the probability of a tiny kitten with diseased eyes making it to this lovely part of Scotland healthy and happy.

She is a cuddler too and will sneak in the blanket to sleep with me.

24 Likes

What an amazing share @Anne.323 - the stories we hear of animals overcoming adversity are so heartwarming, and she must have some special humans who have helped her through her life. Enjoy your cuddles with Noodles. How much longer do you have with her?

6 Likes

A true Goddess. Love her!

2 Likes