Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Same here, at one time I had 4 budgies, I have very happy memories of them.

4 Likes

Horse poo picking is a great core workout :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha so true! I get out of it though by riding while my other half does it!

Views of Loch Lomond in Scotland :heart_eyes::scotland: We moved from England in Jan 21 and have been sitting all over Scotland to get to know our new home!

16 Likes

Fabulous views!

1 Like

It’s absolutely lovely!!! We left Scotland this morning, and will return as soon as we are able. The highlands are amazing!!!

2 Likes

Lovely, we were there on a housesit last month, close to Aberfoyle. Would love to go back.

1 Like

Arrived in Sevenoaks late this afternoon. Unexpected travel delays today, when all the trains traveling from northern UK regions to London, were cancelled due to a pedestrian fatality on the tracks. Such sad news to hear as we left Edinburgh. We met these two sweet little ones, and enjoyed our very first UK taste of fish and chips, from the local food truck delivery. You never know what you will find when out for a walk in a small English country village.

10 Likes

On a week-long sit near Waxhaw in western North Carolina with 2 dogs -
Murphy, 120 lb, 9 year old Pyrenees

and Lucy (Lulu) a 6 year old lab X.

Very comfortable house set in 11 acres of woods. HOs left me a garden of ripe tomatoes, potatoes, some berries and a few other things.
Very hot - temps going to high 90s in the afternoon and only cooling to the mid 70s at night. Night time thunderstorms, fortunately the dogs aren’t bothered.
Very nice town, population has doubled to about 20,000 since 2010 and increased 10 fold from 2000. Commuting distance to Charlotte (but by car only, I think). Lots of antique stores, some nice places to eat and some great bakeries - bread and sweet things!
tom

9 Likes

Greetings from Bromley and Beckenham where I am doing back to back repeats and it never gets old!

Not minding the horses just enjoying my walking exploring new paths.

13 Likes

I have found a new friend in Dundalk, 70 km north of Dublin. Minding this lovely boy and his female friend, plus fish.

10 Likes

Busy watching Koda, Talli & Lucy Furr here in Xabia, Spain for a couple of weeks. First time we have run across this breed of dog. They are Tamaskans and boy do Koda & Talli love to talk. Lucy keeps to herself but loves some pets if your lounging by the pool. Weather is prefect here and so is the housesit! :dog2::dog2::cat2::sunny::wine_glass::cheese::baguette_bread::olive:

12 Likes

I’m on a sit in beautiful Marin County, California, a few miles north of San Francisco. The house is nestled into the side of a hill, as most here are, overlooking a wooded valley and the hillside across the way. A short walk in most directions and pup and I are amongst redwoods, my favorite trees. A year or so ago I told my husband I would jump at the chance to pet sit here, and shortly thereafter this listing appeared. Needless to say, I’m in heaven! (Pup is a cuddler, and that helps too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

9 Likes

Sitting near Alton, Hampshire, at present.

This cute cockerpoo loves to chase his feline companion who has found a great hiding place!

12 Likes

I’m currently on a catsit near Copenhagen for a wonderful first time HO couple. This sit has had some challenges for both of us! Unfortunately one of the HO’s cats was killed a week before my sit. The HO’s were obviously distressed. Then I had my return flight cancelled (thanks BA) and the HO’s had their flight cancelled the day I arrived for the sit. They managed eventually to get rebooked but a few days later. They said they’d go to a hotel in the mean time as it wasn’t fair on me for them to hang around. I must stress i was happy if they wanted to do so. They also took me shopping before leaving and ordered me a pizza.
Their house is in a wonderful part of Denmark with nature all around. And last but most importantly their 2 cats are wonderful snuggle bunnies!

11 Likes

We are back on our favorite repeat pet sit in Mexico with our sweet Ellie girl :two_hearts: We have had the pleasure of visiting her for years and she is now nearly 15 years young - still active & healthy! She loves admiring her ocean view, hanging out at the neighborhood park with our kids, and strolling along the beach with her ball :tennis: :sparkles:

Her owners are the absolute best and we are always so grateful to be invited back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s truly paradise here :palm_tree: :sunny: :ocean: :paw_prints:

12 Likes

The sky and that trail look beautiful :star_struck:

Huskies (and their relatives) are our favorite breeds - the upside down in bed photo pretty much sums up why :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We love their quirky personalities, their full-on conversations & all the attitude!

3 Likes

What gorgeous photos @Mal thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

Ellie is truly a beautiful girl and very beloved senior girl. We completely understand why this is a favorite sit of yours and certainly agree about the owner as she just happens to be our own KarenS, forum team member :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing @richten1 and to show that despite those challenges you all worked this through to get the best outcome for everyone. :clap: :star_struck: We always say flexibility and adaptability are skills that get us through the most difficult of situations. And of course, good “snuggle bunnies” are just the best for making the world seem right again!!

Is this your first time to Denmark? I have only ever visited Copenhagen and a long, long time ago. What about the country did you love? Is it easy to get about? Or did you have a car?

1 Like

@Vanessa_A Thanks for your reply. Yes good word adaptability! I’ve visited Denmark many decades ago (showing my age here!!). I fancied visiting again.
I’m actually staying in the suburbs of Copenhagen in a part with lakes and forests! It’s wonderfully quiet here and the people have been very friendly.
Transport certainly in and around Copenhagen is incredibly easy. I jumped on a metro straight from the airport then an easy in station change to a s borg train. Which got me to the station near my sit in Birkerod in about 50 minutes. The sitters picked me up from the station but it’s about a 25 minute walk from their house to the station. They have a travelcard option a bit like Oyster cards in London. So my journey only cost me £6.50!
Not sure if transport is efficient in the rest of Denmark.

3 Likes