Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Look who is « en route » to cross the border for the first Time since 2020. Heading from Québec, Canada to Maine USA. A six hours ride to petsit three furry friends.
Keep posted to meet Max, Crosby and Still.

6 Likes

@toml absolutely gorgeous! :dog:

1 Like

Meet Max with my friend Catherine-Julie on our first morning walk

morning walk.

7 Likes

Let me introduce to you dear Crosby & Still. 11 years old Brothers.

Look like the HO bought the bed cover to match their colours :wink:

6 Likes

They are well Catoflauged @Brigitte … Curious to know what happened to Nash & Young? :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I was just going to ask that very question! :laughing:

Probably - I bought carpet (and a Roomba) to match my super-shedder cat! She died last year, but the carpet lives on…

2 Likes

This is our Dunedin doggie friend for the weekend :heart::heart::heart::+1:. @Julie you’ll have a blast with this pup!

3 Likes

@lindsay he’s a cutie! The only birds I’ve taken care of where chickens, but I’ve often wondered what it would be like taking care of other types of birds. Can you tell us, what’s involved in taking care of Paco? How does he show his humor?

1 Like

Paco’s a hilarious little guy, he’s very smart with tons of personality. He loves dancing to music and when he’s really happy he’ll try singing along, which is adorable.

Parrots are pretty different to chickens or other poultry, since they are inside they need much more stimulation and attention. Paco has a schedule that he’s used to, these birds can live for 80 years and he just turned two so is still a baby who gets cranky if he doesn’t have his nap!

1 Like

I arrived this afternoon to my new housemates, Teddy (orange) & Lilly (black & white). They were both rescued (at different times) from horrendous conditions and in poor health. They have been welcomed by a family who cater to their every need and in return, these two felines bring their owners such joy. What a win-win outcome. I’m looking forward to my week with them. My first time seeing a Litter-Robot too. :smile_cat:

I am being as pampered as my housemates, and the owners are so grateful that I’m here. It’s such a pleasure to be here. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Hi Peter,
What a coincidence, we also housesat Magic too! It was back in 2019 shortly after they first got him from the shelter. He was very shy but warmed up to us quickly. He was just as lazy back then. Tell Megan we said Hi :wave:t2:

P.S. At the Zion Riverside Hawker center try the dumplings at the booth near the Main Street - they are to die for!

6 Likes

Spending some time in Toulouse with my new buddy Montea and his Siamese sisters Melba & Mango. Montea is a big fluffy boy that loves to hang out in the yard. His sisters are rarely seen but can be heard if they want something. First time here and love the city. Hope to come back for another sit.

7 Likes

Aww she looks adorable, we can’t wait to spend time with her and she can explore with us. Thanks for sharing the pic :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi, we were there in February but they also had an adorable kitten called Melvin. What happened to him? Montea is huge isn’t he?

Poor little Melvin passed away suddenly before we got there. Montea is really a big cat, probably the biggest we have seen so far. He loved being around us when we outside on the patio.

We are currently at the most wonderful housesit in the French countryside in Bordeaux wine region. Comfy house with a private swimming pool and a long, lanky cat, Bobby, that is no trouble at all… we feel like we’re on holiday. Such bliss. Outings consist of visiting local markets for fresh produce. There was even a medieval festival in the nearby town of Issegeac today!
Bobby just woke from a 6-hour nap! Very full bladder and giving us that look: “Yo, why didn’t you wake me for dinner??”

14 Likes

Still house-sitting a dog, a cat and 200 pot plants in Hove (right next to Brighton, UK), and my co-traveller Anubis loves it here and seems positively excited about our new lifestyle. Anubis is a hairless Elf cat and I wonder how she will take it, once she realises that we will be making new friends and changing homes every few days or few weeks? I am going to set up a Facebook site showing our journey from her point of view!

8 Likes

Putney with a pair of pugs and a pair of 14 yo Burmese cats.
Both pugs and 1 of the cats are very social - 1 of the cats not so much, but doesn’t object to my making nice.
Hugo, tan, 2 yo and Lola, black, 7 yo

Lilah, grey and Ozzie, tan, both 14 yo
Lilah

Ozzie

Wonderful neighborhood except directly under the landing path for Heathrow 09R/27L (the southern runway). Flightaware app tells me that they are about 2500 feet passing over the house.
Great Sat market in Barnes, a short walk - produce, butchers, bakers, cheese mongers, olive and pasta sellers.
Went to 2 eatwiths over the weekend - a Nepalese dinner on Sat evening - some new flavors for me and all but 1 of the 9 courses were great successes for me.

Then a pan-Asian brunch by a Filipino chef. Not as much new flavors as just good combinations and takes on things - like an English breakfast but with lamb bacon and the homemade baked beans were seasoned with gojuchang and a duck a l’orange Siu Mai dumpling.

And the closest grocery a Tesco Express is terrible. Today I walked to Amazon Fresh and stocked up.

8 Likes

@Romana
200 of any kind of plant is a lot of care. Were you aware of the size of the farm? And are you allowed to do any harvesting?