Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Thanks, I saved that - sitting 3 weeks in Melbourne in Dec/Jan.
tom

A vert old mix shepherd. So cute.

5 Likes

Said goodbye to this sweet trio last night. It’s unbelievable that our 5 month adventure overseas, is coming to an end. A few days of touring in London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen, then back on a ship towards the US :ship:

8 Likes

It was lovely to have met you - wishing you a pleasant journey home x

3 Likes

Have these two delightful pets to care for in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.

11 Likes

@Joanne and Roger
It was great to meet you - have a great trip home!
tom

3 Likes

Joanne it was a joy to meet you and can’t wait for the next reunion … don’t forget to share your cruise secrets as I may just follow in your footsteps one day when I can tear myself away from this laptop.

Safe and happy travels and let us all know when you reach dry land :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Bon voyage mon ami! It was so lovely to finally meet you and your dashing husband.

2 Likes

@Colin @toml @Angela_L @Amparo thank you all so much for the well wishes. This will certainly be a summer we won’t ever forget. It was the icing on the cake to spend time with all of you, and we very much hope our paths cross once again, in the not too distant future. Here’s to life being the best adventure of all!!!

4 Likes

We are having a great time on our latest sit with this fellow, the smartest dog we have sat thus far.

9 Likes

The cats in Putney finally posed Lilah, gray and Ozzie, tan.

And a bit of sightseeing - God’s Own Junkyard, way east in Walthamstow. Museum, event space, cafe, garden. Godsownjunkyard.co.uk. Open only Fri, Sat, Sun so check before going.

And the Musical Museum in Brentford, near Kew Bridge. Musicalmuseum.co.uk
Juke boxes, player pianos, player violins. And lots of Nipper!

9 Likes

I’m in San Diego sitting with 2 black cats. The only way I can tell them apart is the male is slightly larger than the female. That makes feeding times a bit of a challenge, as she gets special food (and they aren’t foodies, so they often don’t come for food together🤣).

Oh, and the fire alarms throughout our complex are going off as we speak. I’m in a small patch of shade in the parking lot with one of the cats. The other one disappeared as soon as the alarms started. I wasn’t able to find her and had to evacuate without her. :frowning:The fire crew is here, and there isn’t any visible smoke, so hopefully it’s nothing major.

I’m glad I knew where the cat carriers were!

5 Likes

We’ve been given the “all clear”, so we’re back inside now. Whew! That’s too much excitement on this hot afternoon!

1 Like

And now the alarms sre going off again :face_with_spiral_eyes:

On my favorite housesit (my fifth time here!) in a beautiful rural area less than an hour north of New York City. I love these two little ones.

8 Likes

@Karen_E
In my home condo, the alarms, when they go off, tend to repeat!!
I sat a cat trio in fire country in California and the location of the cat boxes was a key point. No tips on how to capture the cats if they were getting stressed, though!

@toml you were so right about the alarms going off multiple times! We had to evacuate 3 times. I got much more efficient putting cat 1 in the carrier but never did catch cat 2! The owner said she doesn’t like loud noises, so they’ve had to evacuate without her before too.

1 Like

Could you get one of them to wear a collar while you are there, to tell them apart? I’ve fostered litters of all black kittens and used whelping collars to differentiate them.

2 Likes

Naughty puppy, destroyed his own bed! But who could be angry with such a cutie? Filling stuck back in, a few needle stitches, and it is fine again. I call this miniature schnauzer puppy “my little donkey”. Greetings from Dundee, Scotland!

5 Likes

@Romana I think he’s trying to tell you that he rather wants to sleep with you!