Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

That’s a great idea @Lassie. Thanks!

5 posts were split to a new topic: Turkish Temptations - Post for travel and house sitting tips

We said goodbye to this little sweetheart in Kent a few days ago and are now settled into a lovely apartment in L’isle sur la Sorgue in Provence for 2 weeks. We couldn’t find the perfect sit in southern France so we are taking an actual “holiday” with no responsibilities and there’s something to be said for that!

12 Likes

After running away each time the fire alarms went off the other day, look at who’s napping in cat carrier?!

4 Likes

I love the L’Isle sur la Sorgue market. Have you been to Lourmarin?

3 Likes

We have in the past, and will probably visit it again on one of our driving days. I just love this whole area.

1 Like

Final sit of 4 over 2 months in the UK. SHort sit with a pair of cats
Ezekiel, white with a black face-

Mazikiin-

And Dottie, a tokay gecko who I have no duties for, but she is beautiful-

Back to the US on Sunday where I’m sitting a week for my brother in Chapel Hill.
Tom

10 Likes

Brilliantly, but looking after this little Sydney cutie cannot possibly go any other way :wink:

10 Likes

On a repeat sit in New York’s Catskill Mountains with my buddies Gideon and Rhett. Rhett looks like he’s just seen a ghost!

6 Likes

We are sad to be saying goodbye to Lulu today after our 6 week stay giving the home hosts the chance to eventually enjoy their self-sailing honeymoon that had been Covid-cancelled in 2020 and again in 2021.
I have been in bed for the last week, really ill with gastroenteritis. Thankfully, I am up again today just in time to prepare for the return of the newlyweds. My husband told me he’s been really worried all week which I thought was a lovely thing for him to say until he added …because he thought he was going to have to do the cleaning! Who says romance is dead!

12 Likes

Hope you’re feeling much better now @Colin. I had to smile at the underlying reason for Karyo’s concern. My husband would be just the same!

@Colin glad you are doing better! I’m at LHR now, headed back to the US after 2 months.
Good to meet you all.
Tom

3 Likes

Cheers Tom, lovely to meet you too - Have a good trip home

1 Like

:thinking: wonder who gets to clean the loo?
Good to have you back.

1 Like

I’m having a really hard time packing up after our wonderful one month sit in SW France with this beautifully mild mannered black cat, Bobby. Although the next phase is exciting in its own right (flying to South Africa where my niece is getting married and we’re minding their 2 old doggies while they’re away on honeymoon), we will dearly miss the peace and quiet of this French countryside housesit.

7 Likes

I’ll give you a clue - it’s not him! :joy:

I just finished my house sit in Athens Greece today.

3 Likes

@Alma - I am jealous! we have been looking for an Athens sit for weeks!, I hope you had fun :smiley:

2 Likes

“Back together again :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:…”

In San Diego with Casey x 4 (he’s the one awake)

15 Likes

Just finished 5 weeks in Lake Macquarie minding two dogs. Great location and sweet dogs. We got the gig due to our greyhound experience but really it was easy. Anyone with experience caring for different breeds could manage it. Just research some of their traits. Even greyhounds vary a lot. I am a kayak fisho so it was great location for me. I had some luck in the kayak and from some shore-based locations. We’d never been to this part of NSW (Australia) before so it was fun to explore.

13 Likes