Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Lovely part of NSW to sit @jecaseka. I sat in Toronto earlier this year and am booked to return for the same week next year. The sunrises over Lake Macquarie were just stunning.

2 Likes

That’s great! We liked Toronto. Excellent coffee at Cleaver in the main drag but lots of other nice cafes also. We swam twice weekly in the baths. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, plenty of cafes there @jecaseka and lovely dog walks too. I’m looking forward to returning there in February. I can just picture where you were swimming!

2 Likes

Back in the US sitting in Chapel Hill for my brother again.
Boudreaux -

And Gizmo -

Off to donate platelets, then the dog park this afternoon.

6 Likes

The black pup looks positively headless in the top photo! :sweat_smile:

I’m back in Rancho Santa Fe CA with Casey … Mom and Dad have gone to Italy for three weeks and I’m back with "my’ boy for the 4th time and he gets more adorable every time I come back.

We have visitors in the larder, not mice but moths … Does anyone have any natural remedies? I have a lavender diffuser and have ordered some remedies from the biggest shop in the world :wink:

11 Likes

At the end of a 10 days sit with Willow, a beautiful Amazonian parrot, 15 minutes away from my own house. Had a most wonderful experience of giving him a bath a couple of days ago. Spot 10 differences :rofl:

12 Likes

We are currently in South Africa, minding my niece’s home. Together with all the locals, we are suffering through ‘Load Shedding’. This is where electricity/power is cut for several hours to redistribute it so that there is enough to give some electricity to everyone. For the last few months, it usually was 3 x 2 hour blocks, time slots always changing. But from today it is 3 x 4 hour blocks. We are somewhat worried about getting through our jobs this week, as power will be out from 12pm - 4:30pm every day, wow. Talking about issues. And food in freezers and fridges…it is definitely a challenge. Businesses and hospitals have huge generators that help them keep going. But the average households must just ‘plan accordingly’ to ensure family meals are cooked and other homework done. At my sister’s place, there is also water cuts along the power cuts…

4 Likes

I am sitting a very timid 2 dogs. Adopted with heavy abuse in the past. They have been in this house over 6 moths and don’t go to owners or need cuddle. I feel so sad.

2 Likes

Libby and I are on our last sit in England before flying home to Australia next week. We’ve had a fantastic 3.5 months here and 10 wonderful sits. The summer weather has been so good too.
This is a repeat sit for me looking after Sooty and Sweep in Worcestershire. Both gorgeous cats and very good hunters!! They look innocent, don’t they??

7 Likes

@temba so pleased to hear that you have had such a lovely time exploring England and have made lots of furry friends along the way. Looks like you will be heading home just as the rain and cold comes.

I am gobsmacked however that you have successfully taken a clear photograph of 2 black cats, faces and everything! I feel like I am forever trying to get a picture of my own kitty Polly as I think she is so beautiful, yet her features just vanish. :black_cat:

Thank you for sharing, and you are quite right, they look like butter wouldn’t melt.

All the best
Lucy

1 Like

Thanks @Lucy-B for your kind words.
I can tell you it was rather difficult to get that photo!!

2 Likes

@temba I am very impressed with your photo skills. I am also sitting 2 black cats in Amsterdam, and they don’t look dissimilar. Initially I found very difficult to see the difference. Luckily, one is more social than the other. However when they were both on the bed, I didn’t know who is who!

The white cat is our uninvited guest who pops in daily!

Here are my photos , not nearly as proficient though. :wink:

7 Likes

Great photos of your cats @Therese. A gorgeous stray cat too.
There’s a slight difference between our two but I still have to look carefully when I need to medicate Sooty twice daily!!

4 Likes

Oh gosh … that is a challenge to make sure you have the right kittie!
Enjoy the rest of your time there.

2 Likes

One week left after two glorious months!
Yes I am having bubbly on deck whilst dogs, kitty and I are taking in this glorious sunshine and remnants of warmth before Autumn sets in here. Temps have been fluctuating like hormones gone wild. 97F a few days ago with nights in the 50’sF for some delightful stimulating moments.
My friends and most gracious hosts have reported back that their trip has been successful in acquiring their next home and I am now in the “let’s welcome them home with gratitude phase”.
Ok I did my chores for the day and enjoying my day. :heart:

9 Likes

I’ve never sat for a praying mantis! Now you get to add “insects” to your profile. :ant::blush:
It looks glorious. I’m so glad all is going so well for everyone. Another glass of bubbly to toast the next adventure!

4 Likes

@Edith @Amparo we once really were invited to sit for a praying mantis! Sadly we had to decline as we were unavailable for the dates.

1 Like

We’re sitting for my niece in South Africa. This morning my sister and I went bushwalking in a local reserve - we spotted these! And the other was a recent sunset here…

16 Likes

That’s great! Did they ask you to spend most of your time there because the mantis was used to you working from home? :smile: