Will sitters take our dogs out and about with them?

We are a retired couple with two VERY spoiled little dogs (20lb Morkie & 3.5lb tiny Yorkie). We travel mostly by motorhome and take them, but do also travel a couple times a year by plane and need to leave them. Our Rover sitter just moved, so in need of another option. Trustedhousesitter seems like a great option, but did have a question.
We take our little monsters with us everywhere and rarely leave them home alone and when we do it’s for a VERY short time. Are there sitters that that would be willing to do the same?
Thanks so much,
Julie

7 Likes

Welcome Murphmag

1 Like

You’d need to specify this in your house sit ad. It’s not uncommon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @Murphmag!
Sure, I do. But in Canada… This is why I asked a couple of days ago what was the % of full time sitters as it seems there is a quite many. I will be retiring in February and up to now the longest sit I accepted was for 15 days. Many long week ends here.

1 Like

Hello @Murphmag

Julie welcome to our community forum.

There are wonderful sitter members on the Forum who can help give you peace of mind about keeping your two happy at home.

Pets are at the very heart of TrustedHousesitters, caring for them according to their individual needs and their family’s expectations is always the sitters number one priority. Communication is the key to a successful sit and only when everyone is 100% happy with all of the arrangements do you mutually confirm.

When you create a listing that’s the prefect time to detail the care your little ones need and if they are used to being in your company wherever you go there’s nothing sitters like better than exploring places with their new best furry friends.

Your little ones wont realize you’ve left until you walk back through the door

Thank you again for joining in the conversation, we really look forward to getting to know you, and your little ones, better.

Angela and the Team

3 Likes

Hi Julie @Murphmag and welcome to the Forum. Caring and spending time with the pets is the best part of housesitting for us, we like to give the pets a holiday with us whilst their owners are having their own holiday. Many Sitters fel that way. We take the pets everywhere with us, whenever it’s possible. We do one to two hours online work at the most per day and the rest is out walking and exploring and curdling with the pets. If we want to explore for longer then we check into somewhere in the area before or after the Sit. When we are house and pet sitting the pets are at the heart of our day/evening.
You are able to specify all your needs when you post your sit request on the THS website.
Hope we get to meet Yorkie and Morkie one day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Happy New Year!
Julie and Jonathan

2 Likes

Julie & Jonathan,
So glad to hear from you. It’s nice to know that we will be able to leave Murphy and Maggie without worry about them being left alone. We didn’t get them until we retired and honestly didn’t realize it would be so hard to feel comfortable leaving them to travel - which we live to do. With this crazy corona virus, we don’t have any exact dates that we will need a sitter, it will definitely use this service when we do. We do know we’ll be gone for all of April 2022, it not sure how early we need to post our request.
Thank you again and we hope to chat more.

Julie

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your response. It’s great to know that we will be able to find someone who will not leave our pups for long periods of time. Too bad you are in Canada :smirk:, but we do look forward to using this service.

Julie

2 Likes

Hi, let’s hope travelling and life gets back to normal soon and we hear the end of wretched Covid. Keep safe a d keep in touch. And oops sorry I got your ‘babies’ names wrong :grin::roll_eyes:.
Cuddles to Murphy and Maggie :dog::dog::heart_eyes:
Julie and Jonathan

3 Likes

Where are you located?

1 Like

Bothell Washington - a superb of Seattle (about 10 miles).

Julie

3 Likes

Keep me in mind! I’m traveling and have customers in the Pacific Northwest!

2 Likes

We definitely will!

Julie

2 Likes

Oh yes. I think most of us do. We have a beat up estate car specifically so we can take dogs with us when we go to walks. Your precious pets will be very safe with a THS sitter.
Elsie

2 Likes

I think that is a question that you need to ask your possible sitter, before you choose you can email and ask questions. Our girls are very spoilt too but they can be left for 4 to 5 hours 5 at most. Make sure you ask questions or FT if you can it gives you a good feel to speak. Good luck

1 Like

If it is written in the advert then that lets potential pet sitters know that the dogs need almost constant attention. We have looked after pets like this, mostly puppies, who get up to mischief when left alone. I do enjoy these sorts of sits over an older pet who sleeps all the time and doesn’t want to walk the distances I do.
Sitters have their own preferences and I’m sure you’ll find one that fits in just fine with your requirements.
Elsie

2 Likes

It’s very common to say how many hours your pets can be left alone. Good sitters will adhere to your request.

We are on a sit now where the owners provided a doggie daycare we could take the pet to if we wanted to be gone longer. We are here three weeks and are considering it for a day as we would like to visit a national park that is a bit of a drive and doesn’t allow dogs. If they didn’t offer this, we would just pass on the national park. I would not want to leave the dog any longer anyway, as I would feel bad about it. I will be paying for the day of care and am fine with it.

We didn’t ask for this option, but it is a option that will allow us to see something we would’ve otherwise missed.

5 Likes