Would you believe it?

Would you believe this was taken today, 17th August 2022, on a beautiful sunny day, temperature 25C? Nothing unusual about that I hear you all shout. It’s l’Anse Amour in Labrador!

We thought it would be sweat shirts and long trousers by now.
Has some weather phenomena surprised you in your travels?

3 Likes

Wow! And yes - I saw 28 degrees and clear skies in the west of Ireland last week. Never ever thought I’d get a sunburn in Sligo but it happened :joy:

It rained most of the time we were in the west of Ireland so yes that would be a shock.

In my last visit to Wales during the first heat wave, the homeowners used their space heaters fan setting to blow over a large frozen bottle of water to create air conditioning!
It worked to the point where we got cold.

1 Like

@ElsieDownie I just want to take my shoes off and hit that beach. What a great time to be there in beautiful warm weather. We are planning a two week trip there in April but I am guessing it won’t be quite as nice out!

1 Like

We are in Scotland and it’s been absolutely amazing weather 90% of the last four weeks (hardly any rain) , got sunburn even! In Scotland ! :joy:

Lovely pic! We did two house sits over the last few years in Dublin where I was born. It was the end of June and we had glorious weather on both the sits - we really lucked out! We sat for the same couple both times who had a lovely backyard facing South - luckily I brought a pair of shorts so I could bask in the unexpected glorious sunshine!

2 Likes

What!!!
The sun shone more than a day in Scotland. You really got lucky.
It’s a beautiful place in any weather but I’m biased, Scots through and through.

1 Like