%20 Discount on Renewal Membership

Hello Everyone,

I have just discovered that there is a %20 percent discount if you click on “cancel automatic renewal now” it will take you to the next page. Click on “continue” and then there will be an offer %20 on the next page - if you click on it then you can carry on your membership without cancellation but at a cheaper cost.

Some may not have intention of cancelling of the membership but still get the discount anyway…

I also found out that if you want to take a break you can do so without loosing any of your profile but only for two years…

3 Likes

I did that two years ago and received the 20% discount. I tried it again last year and didn’t receive the discount and questioned THS about it. I was told it’s just a one time discount.

Yes, did that last year too but it will only work once.

…and doesn’t work if you have sits already booked beyond the renewal date.

Hi @Aliyah - my membership expires in February and I recently turned off the auto renewal. The information I got in a message didn’t appear to relate to the membership level I was on which was very confusing.
I posted it on the forum in another thread and also contacted Membership Support a few days ago and have not yet received a response.

Hi @Twitcher I will just tag @Jenny to this thread as you have not yet heard back from Membership Services

As my membership expires in February I guess I will not be able to apply for sits beyond that date unless I renew for another year. I have a feeling I will be offered a discount to do so - watch this space.
It will be interesting to see if homeowners are still able to invite me for sits beyond my expiry date.

2 Likes

Thank you @Samox24 - they were direct questions which only required a yes or no answer.

Hi @Samox24 - did you get a response from @Jenny?
I am still awaiting a response from membership support to my questions sent on 4 December.

Hi @Twitcher sorry to hear that you have not yet received a response. I had tagged @Jenny to this thread and will also tag @Therese and @Carla so hopefully you will hear back soon.

Hi @Twitcher

As the Forum team aren’t a formal part of Membership Services, we only have limited access to Membership Services systems and I can’t see any recent chats or emails between you and the team using the email address you used to sign up to the Forum.

In this case I’d recommend contacting Membership Services directly to ask for an update.

Thanks!

Jenny :slight_smile:

This was the message I received. I did insert a copy in my original post so that it made sense. It seems to have been removed and I wasn’t notified why.

1 Like

@Twitcher you only paid £79.20? Mine was £129!!! What’s going on

Hi @MarieHuggins - I actually paid £99 and I have the receipt to prove it.
As I have been with THS since the beginning apparently I am on a classic membership at £99.
My level doesn’t include video calls to a vet, dedicated customer support or insurance so the message I got was very misleading.
Current memberships are being advertised ‘from £99’.

1 Like

@Twitcher wow, good to know. Does that mean my renewal will be £99 then? Admin?

Taken from the website today.

1 Like

Hello @MarieHuggins Great question, if you need any help switching membership plans to the basic one for £99, please do check your settings menu and reach out to the Membership Services team as they can help set that up for you.

@Twitcher I would reach out to the Membership Services team and check what benefits the old classic plan has, when the new membership tiers were launched any existing members were kept on a classic plan with a locked-in price as long as they did not cancel their autorenewal, they also kept all of their existing benefits so it might be worth contacting them for a recap on what those were if you would like to know.

Here is the link to the pricing page as it has more price options and detailed benefits for each plan. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

@Carla - I have reached out to Membership Services twice now with specific questions relating to my membership plan.
I have had one generic reply so far which did not answer my specific questions. I have contacted them again today.

1 Like

@Twitcher Thank you for letting me know, I have asked them to clarify any previous members’ benefits, so if I hear more I will let you know. I hope you get the help you need soon!

1 Like

So after 3 emails to Support it would appear that the information in the message I received when taking off Auto Renewal is incorrect.

I didn’t receive a discount on my last renewal (20% off £99) although the message indicates I did

I don’t get VIDEO calls to a vet on my plan, only phone calls

I don’t get DEDICATED member support, just standard access to Membership Support and phone lines are for emergencies only

I don’t get Accident and Third Party liability protection

If I don’t get these anyway why would you remind me of what I will lose if I don’t auto renew. Perhaps THS could consider tailoring the response to the actual membership level to make it accurate.

1 Like