A Good News Story - Our Christmas Sit!

Just sharing our Good News x 2 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: - Some of you will know we have been waiting almost a year to fly to Australia to see sons and a newly born Grandson, now almost 11 months old.

With the recent easing of travel restrictions by the Australian Government for International Travellers we immediately applied for a Travel Exemption as parents of a Permanent Resident.

It has been a long 10 day wait - and Yay! now we have received our Travel Exemption approval and we can fly to OZ to be with our family for Christmas and get to meet little bubba Frankie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Our family live in the expensive Northern Sydney beach resort Manly so our other Good News is that we have already secured a 7 week housesit with a little Cavapoo pup, 5 minutes walk to Manly beach. How great is that! Saving us at last $7,000 on renting.

We Facetimed the home owners are they are super friendly and we got to see the adorable little pup who will love to go everywhere with us and knows all the best cafes walks in Manly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We will be staying for our full 3 months visa allowance and are already applying for further house sits in the area. There are so many on the THS listings! On our budget we could only dream of staying this length of time - itā€™s thanks to our Housesitting journey, we can save on renting.

We fly 19th December and we are so excited!

33 Likes

Love good news and this is extraordinary wonderful good news!
So very happy for you and your loved ones.

Congratulations and have a very happy Christmas!

2 Likes

Absolutely fabulous news! These are the stories that show how great THS is for both sitters and owners!

4 Likes

Amazing @Julie congratulations we are so happy for you and your entire family, not to mention an adorable little Cavapoo pup will have amazing sitters and little Frankie who will have his very best first Christmas with doting Grandparents

A WIN WIN WIN WIN :heart_eyes: :evergreen_tree: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thatā€™s so right! Thank you so much!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Angela_L -thank you so much for your lovely message :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: weā€™re soooo excited!

2 Likes

Wow, how wonderful! Enjoy your time at the housesit and with your family!

1 Like

Fantastic news. Itā€™s been hard for so many families separated by this pandemic. If I was home Iā€™d send you one of my knitted blankets to take for the baby but alas Iā€™m abroad.
Enjoy your time. They grow so quick and get very cheeky and opinionated. Love mine but ā€œdonā€™t show your granny how to suck eggsā€.

1 Like

Awww thank you so much @ElsieDownie weā€™re very excited, weā€™ve watched him grow (just started crawling) via our videos and the photos they send but of course its not the same. And we laughed at your end note :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

you know we expect photos, just saying

1 Like

If youā€™re renting a vehicle & want a toll pass for your car, iā€™m happy to send ours over to Oz. Itā€™s valid in NSW/Vic/Qld where all the tolls are.

3 Likes

So so happy for you Julie! Itā€™s been a long wait and canā€™t imagine the relief you must be feeling! Weā€™ve been following your lovely videos, but canā€™t wait to see you with little Frankie (not so little now) when you get settled in :heart:

3 Likes

This is music to my earsā€¦.grandchildren are the joy in our senior years!!! How wonderful that you secured a sit close to family. Good things come to those who wait!!! Enjoy every moment with that little oneā€¦safe travels to all!

4 Likes

@TheMapleKiwi :heart: Thatā€™s so kind of you to offer us that, thank you so much. We think we should be ok with the loan of our sonā€™s car if we happen to need it, but what a kind gesture from youā€‹:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Vanessa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Joanne when we FaceTime with Frankie I have a squeaky Sooty hand puppet that he is now beginning to recognise and bond with and I will take it with me hoping he will recognise it with me :grinning:. Looking forward to our house/pet sit with pup Charcoal too.

3 Likes

That is wonderful news @Julie. Itā€™s been so tough for many families just like yours to see each other where you live on opposite sides of the world. Enjoy every moment of the 3 months you are in Oz, living so close to your family and enjoying our summer weather. As you say, there are more sits being posted, especially for Sydney, just a pity a lot of them are for the same period over Christmas and New Year. Safe travels and we look forward to hearing of your flight out and your time here. That cavapoo looks pretty cute and will love having your company!

5 Likes

Wonderful news. :heart: enjoy your gorgeous family and your housesit.

2 Likes