A message to homeowners new to the site

I would feel the same about having multiple strangers coming in. My dogs can’t be left for a long period of time. They can tolerate up to 4 hours but I would certainly not like that to be every day. One thing I have done before is arrange for a friend to come to the house during working hours one or two times during a two week sit so the sitter can plan a day out, but that’s not always possible to do. Up to now my sitters have wanted to come to the sit primarily to have some animal time, and enjoy the views and the peace (rather than go out visiting all of the tourist places).

3 Likes

Completely understandable. The dog walker my HO’s used was someone they had a relationship with. He had the key to their house and knew the dog well. We texted as a group, the HO, the dog walker and me, so all was coordinated. Even though my HOs worked mostly from home, there were times they had to leave the house so having an established relationship with a dog walker was a good thing. @Boodie , having a friend spend time with your dogs is a great idea. @Audreychloe ,
I hope you find the perfect sitter(s) for your beautiful Weimaraners. There are many out there who will take perfect care of them.

1 Like

I have tons of friends who know my dog’s well but that doesn’t mean they are free to walk my dogs nor do I need a dog walker as we exercise them ourselves
These are performance dogs that compete and hold championships my training with them takes up most of the week lol -but going away is a different issue and I do so appreciate the comments but not every situation fits every household - you are very fortunate that you sitting experience allowed for you to have so much free time to tour NYC I am however not looking for a sitter who wants to tour Los Angeles I need someone that caring for my girls is first priority and wants to enjoy the bounty of comfort of my home but of course they are allowed to leave the house xoxo

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response as I was getting nervous that I was expected to book a sitter for my sitter !!’ I showed comments to my husband and he thought maybe this wasn’t a good idea after all but you brought me back off the ledge lol

2 Likes

I related my experience above because I originally thought you did not want your sitter to leave the house at all. I had no intention of causing you stress. I only wanted to be helpful, I guess I failed at that. Having someone you know and that the dogs know stop over could allow your sitter to run to the store.

I took care of a dog that the owners specified was never to be left alone. Because she was small, I took her with me to the store and wherever I went. I was not comfortable going to a restaurant with her, although her owners did that, so ate all my meals at home. This is a very usual situation, as most owners allow their dogs to be left alone for a period of time.

3 Likes