A Well Travelled Cat

This is the lovely story of Bao Zi, the intrepid Maine Coon cat who has spent the last two years joining her owners on trips around the world, visiting five countries and most of the USA.

Bao Zi has travelled across 45 US States and 22 National Parks so far and has no plans to end her globe trotting just yet! :cat::earth_americas:

9 Likes

Thankfully not all cats like travelling or there would be no catsitting jobs for us.

1 Like

How wonderful

2 Likes

It is amazing how adaptable some cats are, and yes, as @Londongal says, we still need our cat fixes on sits. :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Thanks as always, @Samox24!

That article had some surprising insights into cat adaptation. If a cat can learn to be more like a dog, then can a dog learn to be more like a cat? Like using a litter box?

3 Likes

@geoff.hom This might help answer that question :dog::

Dog Litter: What It Is and How to Use It | BeChewy.

2 Likes

Haha this is awesome! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

What a wonderful tail of such an adventurous and lucky kitty.

I had two Maine Coons many years ago and they acted like dogs which is one of their behavior characteristics. In 2000 I moved to Europe for tro years and I took Dakota with me. Sadly, Cheyenne his sister passed unexpectedly so he got lucky and moved with me.

3 Likes

@Catgoddess_99 Thank you for sharing your story and so sorry to hear about Cheyenne. Each furbaby is very special to us :heart:
I am so glad that Dakota got to share your travels. Do you have any photos?

We were lucky enough to housesit for a Maine Coon cross and he was very large but very people-orientated. I grew up with Bengals who are also quite like dogs in that they come when you call, like to follow you around and play in water.

I follow the Instagram account of Suki the Bengal that goes on adventures with her pet parents and canine sibling.

3 Likes

I have one photo of the two of us, this was 21 year’s ago and I only had a disposable camera at the time. I’ll find the one of the two of us and share it with you. As for the breed the bigger the better. In the late 90’s while volunteering at the San Francisco SPCA i came close to adopting Gabriel, a 28 pound 8 year old Maine Coon who had been an owner surrender. At the time my housemates were still there and we already had a Husky, and two cats. When they moved back to Germany i then adopted Dakota and Cheyenne who were 2 at the time and also owner surrender as their person had a terminal illness

I adore Bengals as well, they’re fun to photograph

4 Likes

Do you also follow Henry and Baloo who are instagram famous?

1 Like

Here’s the photo of Dakota and I shot with a disposable camera.
MAKEUP_2020073001491428_save-01-03-01

3 Likes

@Catgoddess_99 Wow, I love old photos and have many myself from disposable cameras! Thank you for finding it and you are both looking at the camera exactly the same. What precious memories :smiling_face:

No, I do not, but I will find them and follow. Thank you for the recommendation :grin:

It is so amazing that you have adopted all of these recuses and found them through your volunteer work. Awesome! Rescues have a special place in my heart as I have had both a recuse pup and a recuse horse. My husband loves cats and had several rescues in Bali when he lived there.

Thank you for sharing and you had some great cat names!! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Here is the link. Read their blog, it will pull at your heartstrings as well as bring a smile.

2 Likes

They have two accounts here’s the other one.

1 Like

The story of how Baloo picked Pan after Henry passed is particularly joyful and really a happy tears read.

1 Like