Greetings from Switzerland! đź‘‹

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I just completed our first official cat sit. After spending 10 wonderful days with three boisterous kittens and their mother in the French Alps, I thought it would be a good time to connect with the TH community.

We live in Switzerland but pre-Covid we traveled frequently and lived abroad (Asia, Europe, Caribbean and USA) for years. Now that my husband is on the verge of retirement, we’re happy to have found a different way to travel. Our adult-aged children live in London and Boston so we hope to be able to find some sits near them. That way we’ll be able to enjoy our children’s company without them feeling as if we’re too close! :wink:

I’ve already found some helpful tips on the forum and hope to be able to contribute to the community in the future.

With warm regards,
Mary Kay

16 Likes

@Mary-Kay A big welcome Mary, to TrustedHousesitters and the forum, and thank you so much for sharing your first sit story!! Sounds like my sort of sit… lots of cat love, and in the mountains! It’s always inspiring for other first time sitters to read the stories of others starting out.

Enjoy discovering your new found travel option, and hope you find those close by family sits in the not to distant future. Meanwhile, enjoy exploring the forum and connecting with our members from all over the world and we look forward to following your journey!

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, @Vanessa_A!

2 Likes

@Mary-Kay welcome to the forum…Switzerland is on my radar for next year and although you are sitters, you might still want your house looked after if you are going away…perhaps keep me in mind and more than happy to DM with more detail on myself. Enjoy your travels.

1 Like

@carpediem Thanks for the welcome and for letting me know that Switzerland is on your radar for next year. It’s a beautiful country that is definitely worth visiting, particularly if you like mountains and chocolate! We often organize exchanges with friends while we’re away from home, but I’ll definitely keep you in mind. Thanks again for your message.

2 Likes

Thanks for that!

2 Likes

three boisterous kittens… i have sit-envy!

2 Likes

@GingerWilson Now that our sit with the three boisterous kittens is over, I’m also having sit envy! Fortunately, the HO has sent some photos and videos so the withdrawal from kitten cuteness has been eased … somewhat.

I’m going to try to attach a photo of the kittens to this message. Hopefully, it will work.

6 Likes

They are 3 beauties! Keep sharing loving pix like this in the forum!! Please :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

ha ha… looks like a cat version of Succession!

2 Likes

@Mary-Kay PAWFECT or should we say PURRFECT … :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Hello Mary and welcome :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, @Samox24 ! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

lovely looking kittens!

2 Likes

Happy to see you’ve found this wonderful way to travel. My husband and I are retired and live in Spain and, like you, have lived and traveled around the world. We adore animals but currently don’t want the responsibility again. Pet sitting gives us the best of two worlds. We just returned from a month sit just outside Paris with two precious cats.
What a wonderful service THS provides!
Best of luck for future travels.

5 Likes

@AliG “A month just outside Paris with two precious cats” sounds like my idea of a perfect sit! Even though you must be very happy living in Spain, I agree that we’re fortunate to have opportunities to visit other places via THS.
I look forward to reading about more of your sits on the forum.
In the meantime, I wish your husband and you safe travels to interesting locations with lovable animals!

3 Likes

Thank you, Switzerland. And just think how much better it will be once Covid is erraticated and even more people can travel. :airplane:

3 Likes