Any goals for your 2024 sits?

Welcome, @DianetheAdventurer. Cheers to new experiences!

1 Like

Good thread idea! My dream for 2024 is a sit in Madrid. I lived in Spain for a year and would love to return with my partner and show her the city. Beyond that just hoping for peaceful sits with friendly owners. Hope it’s a good year for everyone!

7 Likes

We’d like to do our first housesit abroad in 2024, hopefully in France

5 Likes

We are hoping to get sits in Italy in the summer & fall. We’ve had one last year but would like to do more.

4 Likes

I have been looking for a cat sit in Brussels for years but never found a suitable one matching our dates.
Last time we met @Colin , he had just returned from a cat sit in Brussels. He gave me the details, I contacted owner and agreed to sit for a week in August.
Thanks again Colin

5 Likes

We want to get our picture on the meet-up gallery :wink:

1 Like

Islington seems like a nice place to sit. On one of my trips to London before I started sitting, I went there for a full English and wandered around a bunch and meandered toward the Charles Dickens Museum in Camden before catching a flight back to the U.S. I remember it as a lovely day.

Niagara Falls is best from the Canadian side, if you have time and inclination. And nearby there’s Niagara-on-the-Lake, a charming town.

2 Likes

Whatever your goals or plans for 2024, wishing everyone the best!

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to exploring the city and surroundings. I’ll be visiting the falls from the Canadian side. Are you from Canada? This will be my first time back in Canada since the pandemic. Prior I went pretty frequently since I had spent Several years living in the San Juan Islands of Washington state which is on the BC border. I have a good friend in Vancouver and friends on Vancouver Island so I visited multiple times. In 2019 I spent a week in Quebec which I loved. This will be my first trip to Ontario.

2 Likes

No, I’m American, but I’ve done many road trips across decades, in the U.S. and some in Canada, which is a lovely country.

I’ve lived in various places, including Seattle. That’s when I went to Vancouver most frequently, because someone I knew from overseas offered me their vacation home whenever I wanted. They rarely visited, so they appreciated having someone using the house and running the car, even though I had my own.

I would love to look after a Dashaud dog.

3 Likes

Italy, because I’ve never been and my grandfather was born there. Also, almost anywhere in Africa, Asia, or Middle East. And reptiles/amphibians would be awesome!

@Maggie8K did your friend really get a digital nomad visa for Italy? I’ve been reading that even though it was approved and signed into law in 2022, it hasn’t been implemented yet. However, there’s a freelancer visa; not sure what the difference is besides working for a company vs self. Is your friend a freelancer?

1 Like

@kikitomato: Yup, she got the visa and moved there last year, leasing an apartment and moving her cat over. She’s worked remotely for years at a full-time job and manages a bunch of telecommuters in various countries.

My first 2024 sit is in Bath England after that I’m taking a break from pet sitting as I’m a bit burned out. I will be leisure traveling more and sitting less.

2 Likes

Started the year on one of my favorite repeats in London. I have all the sits I’m going to do for 2024 already scheduled, 10 more with THS. Will be spending more time with family this year. My youngest granddaughter did not know who I was except as a reference to Disney’s Moana. She calls me grandma Tala, the crazy village lady.
That’s my job.

6 Likes

Sit in a US city and/or state I haven’t been to.
Add a new type of pet to my experiences.
Chickens and ducks are up next.

2 Likes

Our first sit of 2024 coinciding with the one year anniversary of our first ever THS sit .

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Especially love seeing dogs happily exploring beaches and such.

2 Likes