App notification

What does the little number mean on the app icon on my phone? Presently it is stuck on 3 but I can’t clear it. I don’t have 3 new messages, or new sits on my saved searches. When I am in the app and I click on the little bell in the upper right, there are no messages or updates there. How do I make the number go away and what does it do? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

1 Like

Hi @Shella_in_the_Forum I’m not sure what you mean. Are you able to share a photo of it on here so I can see what you are referring to?

I have a similar problem. My new message alert never turns off.

Also I have always had the time messages come in weird - and the timestamp is in the future.

1 Like

Good morning. I can’t figure out how to screenshot on my phone. The instructions I see online aren’t working. (Samsung Android). It looks like what @MissChef posted. I did restart my phone but nothing changed. Thanks for trying to help!

I have the same issue as @MissChef . I have an iPhone and sometimes the new alert red dot never goes away, even when I have no new messages. The only way I’ve found to fix it is to delete the app from my phone and then reload it, sign in anew, and the red dot is gone.

1 Like

Hi @Shella_in_the_Forum to do a screenshot you normally hold in the top button on the left side at the same time as the button on the right side of your phone and it should take a photo. Then you can save and upload on here.

1 Like

Thanks. This is a new phone. There is no power button on the upper left. Instructions everywhere online say to push the power down button on the right along with the down volume button on the right. But it isn’t working. I will drop into a Tmobile store at some point to ask. Thanks!!

1 Like

Glad I’m not alone. I have the same red dot issue. No new messages, but it stays there.

1 Like

@Shella_in_the_Forum which phone do you have?

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
Android

Do you have the center virtual button on the bottom that you hold down and the assistant responds? If so, just hold it down and say “take a screenshot”.

Hi @Shella_in_the_Forum hopefully this YouTube video will help explain how to do a screenshot for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! I am in transit today but will check out the video tomorrow. Appreciate the help.

Hi @Shella_in_the_Forum you are very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

The explanation for why messages come from the future is in this thread.

Short version: THS can’t solve how to display times based on location.

To those who have commented above on the red dot, if you search (see below) you’ll see that it’s been a bug on a to-do list since July of 2022. I’m not sure if it went away for some, but it still displays on my phone.