Application Read - No response

@anon27523372
( WHY PEOPLE DON’T REPLY:
Often, the reason is simply that people find it difficult to say “Thanks, but No”.)

I can see this being difficult for HO. I’m a sitter only and dislike refusing invites to sit.
I’m a year in now and have taking the approach of removing my application after no response from HO. Time frame I cancel my application depends on a few different things. I do add a message ’ due to no interest shown’ . I used to get disappointed but not so much anymore.

@Crookie Aussie Housesitters

2 Likes

Hello!

I am new to the forum but have been using THS for the past 6 months. Over the past week, I have applied to several sits and have not received a single response. I am quite confused because in the past, I received responses from HOs very quickly for almost all of my applications. I have quite a bit of experience on THS and an average rating of five stars. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi @Kkb
A warm welcome to the forum and I’m so pleased you found us here.

I moved your initial question to this thread as there is quite a bit of discussion around this here.

I am so sorry you have been disappointed in the responses from pet parents/owners.
I really believe you have just been unlucky. I would like to suggest that you keep being proactive, and hopefully the new PP’s/owners will be more responsive.

Please do add your sitter profile here to your forum profile, so members can meet you properly and may be able to give you some additional advice.

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

Best wishes
Therese and the forum team

Hello Therese,

Thank you for your assistance! I have added my sitter profile to my forum profile and welcome any and all feedback.

Best,
KKB

1 Like

Hi Kayla @Kkb, thanks for adding the link. You guys look like super friendly, smiley people. There are some great photos of the two of you but not many with animals. Can you change some of those as it could be seen as you love the travel more than the animals so that could help? Also all the reviews talk about you but not Benjamin. Is he sitting too or is it just you as I wouldn’t be sure reading the profile and then the reviews. Perhaps make that clearer to the prospective HO. Hope that helps. Am sure lots more members will give feedback too. Best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

I agree, this has started happening much more frequently. I’ve even written follow-up notes and applied for a host’s second set of dates, as well, and still received no response.

@anon27523372 , I would love to see this action adopted by THS. If there was a place to vote, I would cast my vote for it!

3 Likes

Hello! Thank you so much for your helpful feedback.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Kkb. I don’t see your sitter profile on your forum profile. I don’t see any forum profile, actually.

I don’t know if this could be related to your post … but if the same thing happened to your sitter profile, that would explain no responses from PPs…

I applied to take care of two kittens. The thing is, while the pet parent reads my mje. but I have not received any response and the selected dates are in Gray.

Since I am a new user in this application, I need to know if I should wait or can I continue to apply for other offers?

Thank you very much for your cooperation and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Gus.

Welcome @GusDC you can apply for as many sits as you like until you have a confirmed sit .

If you do get accepted for another sit for the same dates you can then withdraw your application for this one .

How long has it been since you applied ?

3 Likes

Thanks @Silversitters!!

It has been 5 days

Everyone is different @GusDC , but after 5 days of nothing we would give them a nudge and say “hope all’s going well with the applications for your upcoming sit, would you like to set up a a video call to chat or do you have any additional questions for us as happy to help.” And if that works then great and if nothing then,
withdraw and move on. If comms aren’t timely and open at the start then it doesn’t bode well for the sit as a whole. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t chase or wait. Keep looking and applying.
If it comes through great, if not something else will.
For me, if people are not responding then they are unsure, waiting for someone better? :smirk:
Okay.
Me too

3 Likes

Thank @Amparo very much for your advice! I will also take them into account.

Have a nice afternoon!! :slight_smile:

Gus

1 Like

Thank @Cuttlefish very much for your advice! I will take them into account.

Have a nice afternoon!! :slight_smile:

Gus

Apply to as many sits as you want because you can always withdraw from the others once you have conflicting dates with the one you confirm

1 Like

I’m fairly new here and don’t know exactly how the “apply” works. I applied for a sitting three days ago. I checked every day expectantly to see if I had an answer. Now I’ve indirectly noticed that the host has found someone, which of course makes me happy.
But I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t get any response at all. Perhaps the host hasn’t given any thought to what it’s like for a sitter to ‘apply’. A few lines like “Thanks for your interest, but I’ve already got someone on the shortlist. I’ll let you know as soon as I make my decision…” would have done me good.
Is that asking too much?

You should have received an automatic email from THS when the owner chose someone because the system then declines all other applicants. In my experience it’s not common for a owner to send a personal email letting me know I was declined.

An auto decline is quite common @reader6 as @jcvbva said. That should have come to you when the HO accepted someone else. Don’t take it personally, just keep applying for more sits :raised_hands:t3: #ittakesallsorts