Business card with your profile/listing link

Hi all,
As I read several times from different (mostly) sitters, that the THS link to their profile is too long to put on a business card, I just had the idea to create a QR Code with an app Qrafter.
It’s very easy to do and it’s free.
Once the app has created the code, simply save it to your camera roll and have it printed on a business card.
I just changed my header picture on my forum profile page and inserted the code, because I didn’t want to go against THS forum rules about posting the link directly, which a QR code actually is.

This is the app I used with the iPad, but there are others also for different phones or tablets.

1 Like

I don’t use Chrome but when the app creates the code, a page to Chrome pops up, which can be closed and then the code is visible.

How nice for Chrome users😊

I just remembered the complaints from one certain member here about the toooooooo long link…:wink:

1 Like

You asked, we listened! Your new TrustedHousesitters member logo is here.

Show off being a member of our pet-loving community with pride with this custom TrustedHousesitters logo - designed especially for you, our members.
Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 17.36.39

Thank you!
It’s perfect and will be put to good use!

1 Like

Fabulous thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll hopefully get some business cards printed now.

Talking business cards it seemed appropriate to include the new logo information here also …

3 Likes

Too bad the format provided is basically impossible to use. A JPG would be easier. Tried to insert the logo into my email signature and it just doesn’t work.

here you go: JPG format!

1 Like

I’m quite a technophobe but managed….however I had to get Vistaprint to help me with the actual design of my card! :wink:

3 Likes

I finally sat down and made some simple cards using our names, the THS logo (the png file worked fine for name), and a QR code to our profile.

I also made a set with just our names and email addresses and a QR link to my blog for people we meet along the way who aren’t interested in our THS profile.

I used a business card template in Pages on my MacBook and printed them off on card stock and cut them up myself. Not planning to take a ton so ~20 of each will be enough I think.

Thanks for the nudge to finally get this done. :slight_smile:

I got 500 printed! :flushed:

:rofl::clap:t2:
I can’t decide which smiley to use @Smiley
Good job!:+1:t3:

2 Likes

When out walking my canine charges I often tell other dog walkers about Trusted Housesitters. This morning I was asked if I had a card and thought that would be useful. Can TH maybe add a card on the website that could be printed off for members to write in their RAF code, although I think we’d need to write our email address, to pass on to interested people?

Hi @Smiley - a few years ago I was sent a supply of cards from THS which I found very useful. They came in a plastic box and there is a referral code printed on the back. I was thinking of asking them if I could obtain more cards as I have nearly used them all up.

4 Likes

Hi @Smiley. Over the years I’ve been with THS, my paper business card has been affected by the device/electronic world of today. I too had the supply, in the plastic box, that @Twitcher has mentioned. I still have my plastic box and have cards in it.

However, I’ll attach a copy of the card I now use. In North America the company is called Vistaprint, and their cards are relatively inexpensive and easy and fun to design. I think I bought 500 for less than $20, including delivery. Although I never leave home without a few cards with me, I find most people prefer to have a copy emailed to them. I just get their email address and send the card electronically. On the paper card you can write your referral code on the back, or include it with the emailed version.

I prefer my own card as I was able to add a link to my THS profile and my blog. Needless to say, I hand the paper cards out quite readily, but I still have lots left. :rofl:

10 Likes

Hi @Snowbird - that is a great idea!

We made cards too. I always leave a few with former hosts and give them out as we meet people on our travels. I have a digital copy I can text or email too.

10 Likes

Thank you. That must have happened before I became a member

Thank you. We do have Vistaprint in the UK too.