Can a HO bookmark/favourite sitters?

First time using the forum, apologies if this has been asked lots before!

I know sitters can favourite my listing/home, but is there a way I can create a sort of ‘favourites’ list for sitters that fit my preferred sitter profile so I have a list ready to invite for future sits?

I ask because we’re a vegan household (except the pet food!) so we prefer to have sitters who are vegan when possible. I know there’s lots on here and would like to invite them but there’s simply no way to find them, so I want to ‘bookmark’ any I come across!

Many thanks!
Nikki

2 Likes

I found this.

You can also create a folder on your browser and bookmark/favourite specific sitters within your regular browser. I save favourite sits that way sometimes.

Hello @NikkiG,

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. To answer your question, yes you can favorite sitters as well by selecting the heart in the upper right corner of their profile in the search. It should then show up under “favorites” for you. The details @Kelownagurl should help you with this as well. I would also recommend putting your request for only vegan applicants in the main part of your introduction. Your Misty looks adorable! Please do share a photo of her here on the forum as well if you feel comfortable doing so. I see you are also interested in sitting? Where would your top destination be for a housesit?

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,
Kelly & the Forum Team

3 Likes

Hi Kelly, Thanks for the reply!

I find this forum really hard to navigate, so sorry if I do this wrong :laughing: I have absolutely no hope of figuring out how to add a picture of Misty!
I’ve figured out how to favourite people but it’s really awkward- it works when they’re in list view with everyone else, but not once i’ve clicked through onto their dedicated page, so I have to remember to always open their profile in a new tab :upside_down_face:
Also- how can you see our ‘interest in sitting’? We’ve been sitters for years previously but now just have homeowner status, however I seem absolutely unable to access any of our old info, any old sit reviews, I even can’t figure out how to view our ‘profile’? Or as homeowners, do we not have one? I think we just have the active listing viewable, but nothing else. I have no idea, but I’m sure with lots more playing round maybe I can figure all this out!

Hi @NikkiG,

We’ve all been new at something before and I too am fairly new to the forum so I’ll do my best to help answer your questions.

I see you have the link in your profile so I was able to go and take a look and see several photos of Misty. Did you want to add a photo of Misty somewhere on the forum? or in your forum profile?

So it can be a little tricky depending on the browser to favorite listings. I personally have found that the easiest way to favorite a listing is in the app on my phone. I also use safari as my browser and go to “Find a pet sitter” at the top of the page and then click on the top right heart in the corner of the profile. Once the hearts have been highlighted in red they will then appear in “favorites” in the slide down menu under your name in the upper right hand corner of the page. There should be no need to open new tabs.

As an owner profile you will also have an option in that slide down menu to select “who’s saved your listing” that is where you can see what sitters have saved your listing. If you changed your membership from “Sitter” to just “owner” thatcher than choosing to do a combined membership then you will not have access to your old sitter listing as you are no longer a sitter.

If you decide later on that you do indeed want to be an owner and sitter than you can click on the icon in the upper right corner that says “Upgrade” with a crown next to it and that will send you to the page to select the options for upgrading your account to both sitter and owner.

I was once a Sitter as well before having an owner profile and I no longer have access to my old sitter account. I hope this information helps you as you familiarize yourself with your new owner profile. If you have issues about your membership feel free to reach out to @Therese from our membership services team who can help you resolve those privately off the forum.

Your Misty looks lovely and I think you have a great listing!

Kelly & the Forum Team

1 Like

Hi Kelly,

Thank you that information is really helpful!
So does that mean then in the future, that if I upgrade memebership to combined, i STILL won’t have access to our sit history? Has it gone forever?! I was kinda hoping I could upgrade to combined account when it became relevant, but if that means we’ll be starting again as newbie sitters with a blank slate that seems a tad daft. I think we had like 20 reviews (ish?) by the time it expired, would seem a waste to just all be deleted!

@NikkiG,

It’s my understanding that those reviews would be lost…I could be wrong as I am not 100% sure I am tagging @Lucy-B or @Therese so when either one is back online they can give you a clearer answer.

Hi @NikkiG and a huge welcome to the community forum, it’s great to have you here.

If I am understanding this correctly, you used to be a sitter member, however you currently have an owner membership? In that case, you will not be able to access your sitter profile, this would only be available if you had a sitter membership.

If however you choose to upgrade to combined, or if at the end of your current membership you renew to be a sitter only, your profile will be there waiting for you and will be reactivated. This includes any reviews previously received.

I hope that provides some clarity for you on that one.

All the best
Lucy

2 Likes

Hiya @Lucy,

Yes you’re correct, that’s exactly our situation :slightly_smiling_face:
That’s great to know that our old profile and reviews will still be there once we upgrade to combined next year! Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it!

3 Likes