Finding Sitter, can't see favourites or invited

After having my ad for a sitter go live last week, I decided to search for sitters to invite to look at my listing. After putting in my dates I trawled through and listed names of those I was interested in to look at later, only to find that it appears I can’t search for profiles on sitters names! That’s my fault for not knowing, but it is frustrating!

I went back and did the same search, and this time I ‘hearted’ all of the ones I wanted to look into more. I assumed they would be stored in ‘My Favourites’, but there is nothing there, even though when I search on my dates there are ‘hearted’ sitters. Is there anywhere else I can see them?

Then when I did the search again to find those I had ‘hearted’, I invited them immediately as I found them, but I can’t see anything that tells me who I have invited and who I haven’t. I have had no responses at all from anyone, either accepting or declining, so I don’t know if they have even gotten the invite, or if it is just that my profile and listing are scary! :sweat_smile: It all seems more complicated than I remember!

I would appreciate any guidance on where I am going wrong please, or on how to make the process easier! I have been a member for years, but have not used the site for the last two years due to covid. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Boodie thank you for your feedback and I have asked the product team to clarify, what is your device of choice when using TrustedHousesitters?

1 Like

Thank you. I use a laptop.

Hi Boodie,
I am “Julia and Hugh” I’m a sitter and I live in Kaiserslautern in Germany. If you would like to test to see if you are "live’ and that your system is functioning feel free to search for me, heart me and invite me to sit.
In turn I will let you know if I receive an invite and cordially refuse it should it come through. Sorry I can’t really offer because I already have two sits stacked up ready to go for the summer.
Just leave a line here and let me know that you have done it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Julia thank you for being so supportive and helpful … our community working at it’s very best.

You just put a smile on the Community Manager’s face :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi! Thank you so much for the offer. I was able to find you of course by searching on your location. I have invited you as a test, and I think it will work because it was different than when I did it the other day. this time it allowed me to write a message to you. When I was inviting people the other day, I pressed the ‘Invite’ button and it changed pages, but back to requesting me to search. So there must have been a some sort of issue with the site then. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Angela, I have tested with Julia (so kind of her to offer) and you can read my reply to her above. There must have been some glitch in the system the other day. I am assuming that the glitch also extended to my ‘favourites’ not being saved in my ‘favourites’ category? I will go through the whole process from scratch again tonight and start again. I will find my sitter!! :blush:

1 Like

Good Morning Boodie

Yes you are correct the message did arrive. It appears that the team have sorted out the issue. I’m really pleased for you.
Good luck with your search for a sitter.

Julia

1 Like

Thank you Julia, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Morning Angela,

One thing to report back to the team is that Boodie’s message arrived in my inbox as a message and not an invite to sit.
This happened exactly the same way with the last (unconnected) sit I was invited to.
Other invites to sit that I haven’t specifically requested have appeared in the invites folder.

Julia

2 Likes

You are very welcome Boodie. Good luck with this search for a sitter.

2 Likes

Happy to help :smiley:

1 Like

@Julia @Boodie Thank you both for your feedback and the update, its been great to see your interaction and thank you again @Julia I will feed back your finding to the product team

So are you saying Julia, that normally when I would press invite it would go through without a message (which is what I had done inviting sitters previously), so that if I press Invite and do not send a message with it, then the invite still may not work?

I am not a HO my dogs were too old and frail to leave with anyone by the time I discovered THS so I’ve not used the various invitation options.
However my experience of invites is mostly ‘You have been invited to sit’ this comes with a message attached.
Yours and one previously arrived as a message. If I click on the three dots (more options) on the top right of your message I can view the listing.
I will send some screen shots by pm.

1 Like

Hi @Boodie

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, you will see a test message and invite to my test account under Katie appear in your inbox.

At the moment it looks like you only messaged Julia, you did not tick the box to also invite her to your dates. However, I can’t see other sitters that you have invited so I will send you a message via private message on the forum to get some sitter’s names to look into this for you.

I have also tried to favourite my test account and it is also not showing for me in the favourites section, so I will need to get someone from the tech team to look into this.

Speak soon.

Kind regards,
Katie

3 Likes