Can declined applicants re-apply?

Can a declined applicant re-apply, either on their own or at the behest of the HO? There are applicants that aren’t ideal sitters for my situation (because they’d bring their own pets to the sit) but if push comes to shove I would accept them. I’m tempted to decline them so I can get other applicants that could be a better fit. However, if it’s not possible to circle back with them if no other applicants pan out, that could be problematic. Thanks for clarifying how this new 5 app limit feature works.

HI @pdxgal
Even if you decline an applicant who has messaged you and they have an inbox thread with you, they can still contact you at any point, and visa versa, even if you do not have dates.

I would suggest that you message the applicant first to explain that ideally you do not want a sitter’s pet brought in, so you will need to decline them to see if there are maybe other applicants who can help that do not have pets. If you are unsuccessful, you may then reconsider.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

As a sitter I have wondered this too. And I know that I have sometimes been picked as a second or maybe a third choice!

2 Likes

I declined an applicant and later on reopened the applications to have more choice. The declined applicant re-applied but I was unable to re-decline them!
so they kept on occupying one of the 5 possibilities until I made my final choice.
Any chance of this being made impossible in the system in the future?

@Xenia1802 That sounds like a pain if you could not decline someone that you wanted to. As far as I am aware you should be able to decline any applicant that applied, even if it was for a second time. I will pass this on to the Membership Services team so they can have a look for you. Please look out for their email and you can reach them at support@trustedhousesitters.com Thanks for flagging this!