Can I edit a conversation with an HO after I hit reply?

On a few occasions I have hit “reply” in a conversation and then realized I have made a spelling mistake, or left out a word. Is there a way of correcting these after they have been posted? I know I could write a reply off line and cut and paste but even then a word or mistake can get missed.

1 Like

Hi Liz,

Look at the reply that you’ve written and below it you’ll see a pencil icon. Click on that and it allows you to edit. Once you save, it’s immediately updated. Fixed :smiley:

1 Like

perfect! Thanks so much! Don’t know how I missed that :slight_smile:

Just checked - don’t see the pencil there. Do see it here though, and just used it :slight_smile:

Great question - I just applied on a sit last night and made a typo and didn’t know we could edit - good to know!

Just saw the comment re editing on the forum but I don’t think it’s possible to edit when applying - anyone know? That would be a great feature.

2 Likes

Yes, as @anon36831737 says - edits are possible here on the group forum but unfortunately when making an application on the main website

1 Like

That seems to be my experience too. Recently I posted a reply and realized that a glitch resulted in several words being left out. Would have been nice to have been able to correct that. A second message was sent but it gets a bit messy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How do I change my profile application? I want to personalize my response to each sit I apply to. Thank you. Is there anywhere I can share that I would like a sit?

1 Like

Hi @jedd - Welcome to the group. Have you officially joined THS? If so you can look through all advertised listings from home hosts looking for sitters then apply to any you think is a good fit for you.
As much of what we say about ourselves is the same for every application, I have a basic application that I cut and paste - then spend time removing, adding, and moving information around to make the application personal to each individual home host

1 Like

Thank you for your help. Yes to the best of my knowledge I officially joined. I tried my best to follow the instructions.

1 Like

Hello @jedd and welcome to both TrustedHousesitters and the forum. I’ve just had a quick look and yes, your profile is live and ready to go. Thank you @Colin for helping with how to apply for sits… and to supplement that here are a few links that provide some additional reading:

If you have any questions or need any help please don’t hesitate to reach out to the team or the very helpful community here on the forum, where you’ll find lots of sitters with a wealth of experience to help and guide you. All the best and hope you find your first sit very soon! Where are you hoping to visit?

2 Likes