Crossing that Rainbow Bridge

Lost my beautiful boy, Harley, just over 2 weeks ago. He was my first ever dog and I enjoyed a lovely 13.5 years with him. He was such a lovely dog and has left a big hole in my heart. I knew that allowing him to leave, making that decision, would be really difficult, it was almost impossible, but he was at that awful point where to keep him for myself was not the right thing to do. He was put to sleep in my campervan, where he was relaxed and at home.
I’m lucky I have my fabulous boy Rohan to keep me company and is a comfort at all times.

7 Likes

@Suemog I am so sorry to hear that you lost your beautiful boy Harley. It is truly, truly heartbreaking, I have been through the same thing in the past and I know how difficult that decision can be.

You have so many wonderful memories to cherish and Rohan will also certainly comfort you and hopefully make you smile despite your grief.

3 Likes

Oh @Suemog I’m so sorry for you loss. How wonderful that you and Harley had many years together. That is certainly special. You made the right choice. Hugs to you and Rohan. May you be together for many years to come.

2 Likes

@Suemog my heart breaks for your loss so sorry to hear.

3 Likes

@Suemog I am so very sorry for your loss, but do feel the way the two of you said goodbye to one another was the best. You were able to be with him in a comforting place you both loved and he was able to let go peacefully there as well. No sterile walls or cold hard metal bed,

Rest in peace good boy, and Suemog, know we are all thinking of you in your time of sorrow.

2 Likes

@Suemog I would like to echo everyone else’s sentiments. Such a lovely photo with wonderful memories. Leaving a little paw print on your heart :paw_prints: :heart:

3 Likes

@Suemog as others have so beautifully said we we are so sorry for the loss of Harley.

Our pet family members have only one fault … they are not in our lives nearly long enough but for the time we have each other their physical presence, loyalty, unconditional love and companionship envelope our lives and hearts making their loss almost impossible to bear.

We help them live their very best lives and we can help them to have their best passing, our very last act of love. As hard as it was @Suemog that is what you gave Harley, he was where he wanted to be, with his person surrounded by love …

Our thoughts are with you and Rohan at this incredibly sad time.

Run free Harley. :heart: :dog:

6 Likes