Goodbye and thank you from BW

Hello all
just wanted to say that my lovely cat had to be put to sleep last week. We have been a member of TH for several years. He had some great sitters, loved all of them and was always relaxed and happy when I got back, in a way which led me to believe he’d had a great time.

This is the first time in my life I have lived totally alone, no people and no pets. It’s a bit weird. I may become a pet sitter while I work it all out.

That’s it really. Thank you, all you wonderful pet sitters for helping to make the lives of our pets, just a bit more interesting.
Jo
Edit. Can I just say thank you, to each and every one of you. Your kindness and understanding has been overwhelming. This has been harder than I expected and you have made it a little easier. I appreciate that x

44 Likes

@Joandacat I am so sorry to hear this sad news, this is always the hardest part of owning pets but the positive side is that you have so many treasured memories with him.
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with all of your previous sitters among this community, such a thoughtful thing to do.

4 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss @Joandacat. It’s always the hardest thing to do the right thing and let a beloved animal be put to sleep.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about BW. You describe him so beautifully in your profile, he’s obviously been much loved.

3 Likes

Those little creatures really do leave the biggest hole in our lives when they depart.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous boy. Big hugs. x

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss @Joandacat . BW sounds like a lovely boy who his sitters also loved.

Lots of sitters began house and pet sitting themselves after losing pets so you would be in good company if you decided to do that.

2 Likes

We are so very sorry to hear your sad news Jo. Saying goodbye to a pet family member is heartbreaking, many of us know how you are feeling and what you will be going through, you are not alone and we are here for you.

Thank you for sharing your lovely BW with our TrustedHousesitters family, he was loved by all of his sitters and they will cherish his memory always. He will be sadly missed by us all.

Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Angela and the TrustedHousesitters Team

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I totally understand your pain. Definitely becoming a pet sitter can be an excellent option when you feel ready for it. All the best.

1 Like

@Joandacat first may I extend my truly heartfelt sympathy to you in the loss of your precious furbaby. No one understands the heartbreak and loneliness you feel after that. Grieving is good though as it turns from sadness to great memories of the time you shared together.

We experienced the same situation last year with our baby after having had 20+ sitters for our little girl before she passed away. After that, we decided we just weren’t ready to welcome another pet into the family yet and turned our attention toward sitting. It is such a great way to share the love and affection your heart has to offer and gives those petparents a trust that they need when leaving their babies in the care of a “stranger”.

3 Likes

@Joandacat So sorry to read your sad news but great that you’ve both had such fab sitters. Registering as a sitter yourself sounds like a great plan moving forwards especially with your first hand experience of administering medication. Good luck, take best care x

1 Like

So sorry for your loss! It looks like you gave BW a phenomenal life. While our pets can never live long enough I hope it gives you some solace in knowing he gave your life immeasurable joy that you will continue to carry with you.

2 Likes

We didn’t sit for you but send you love. All the furballs in our life just make it that much better and hope you find more furry love in the future!!

2 Likes

@Joandacat what a wonderful life BW has been blessed to share with you. Sitters have also had the privilege of BW in their lives and we all share your sadness.
I was in the same situation as you are now in 2016. I needed feline company so three months after saying goodbye to Smudge I was on my first sit on the other side of the world! I hope you do become a sitter as you have much to give and would enjoy having amazing pets to care for and love.

2 Likes

@Joandacat I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s always hard losing one of our beloved pets. I’m sending lots of virtual hugs your way. The THS community is here for you :green_heart:

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always so sad to lose your beloved pet, but it is so special that he had you as his trusted, adoring owner.

2 Likes

@Jo27. I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. May BW’s memory be a blessing in your life for the rest of your days. As the days pass you will grow accustomed to living without a fury companion, and the pain and void you’re feeling will start to subside. But BW will live in your heart forever, sending you love and happy memories. Take good care of yourself during these difficult days, as that’s what he would have wanted you to do.

Thank you for letting us know how much you appreciate your pet sitters. That’s always wonderful to hear.

3 Likes

@Joandacat So very sorry to hear of the passing of your beautiful BW. They truly leave a paw-print on the heart, along with all of the wonderful memories. As you mentioned, when you feel ready housesitting does help keep the pet connection open and I found this helped after the passing of my boy a few years ago. Never replaces but helps keep pet cuddles in your life. Thinking about you at this time.
Best wishes Carla.

3 Likes

yes the hardest part of loving and owning is the having to let go but having a back-up like the th community could help make the transition easier and give you a pet “in-between” to help the missing moments. Thats how I started sitting after having to send my grumpy old kitty across the rainbow bridge. Have met so many lovely cats and owners in the 5+ years I’ve now been with TH

2 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss, Jo. It’s such a painful goodbye. After time, please do consider becoming a sitter. I came to it after losing my two sweet old doggies. It’s a wonderful way to keep pets in your life.
Best wishes to you.

4 Likes