Lost our baby girl

We had to say goodbye to our precious Sassy girl yesterday as she had gotten so sick. We took her to the vet yesterday and they found advanced cancer in her blood that was rapidly spreading through all her organs. She had only started acting ill in the last week so this was a rapid downward spiral. We are so saddened and heartbroken that we had to say goodbye but know she is in a better place with no pain or suffering.

I wish there was a place on the website where we could basically post an “obitiuary” of our babies as they pass over the Rainbow Bridge. Maybe this is something that can be added into the site because the grieving is so terrible. We have both cried ourselves to sleep last night and haven’t been able to function.

She was a rescue baby that had a horrible first year and a half of her life, but we loved her so much she turned into the perfect fur baby.

All our sitters on THS have talked about how sweet and loving she is/was and we are going to miss her beyond comprehension.

Rest In Peace sweet Baby Girl! Mom and Dad love you!

3 Likes

My sincerest and deepest sympathies. May you be comforted by many happy memories and the knowing that you provided her with a loving home and family.

1 Like

Sending hugs—your baby is always in your memories and forever in your heart :heart:

1 Like

So very sorry to hear of your loss. RIP dear Sassy.

1 Like

So so sad saying goodbye to our furry friends. Rest in peace Sassy.

1 Like

Such sad news to hear about Sassy and I know you’ll be in the thoughts of us all this morning as you come to terms with the loss of your beautiful girl. My heart goes out to you.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. It’s always hard to say goodbye to a loved pet. Especially when it’s out of the blue. But at least sassy won’t be in pain and went knowing they were loved.

1 Like

Such heartbreaking news, we are so terribly sorry for your loss.

Sassy was beautiful and a very special part of our pet family. There will be many sitters who shared her life over the years and who will be shedding a tear today, she will be so sadly missed.

Saying goodbye to a beloved furry family member is one of the hardest things we will ever do, there will be so many of us who share in your sadness and grief and understand, from the heart, the emptiness and pain that you are feeling.

All of our thoughts are with you and your family at this terribly sad and very difficult time. I have sent you an additional message privately, please answer in your own time.

1 Like

I’m so sorry! I’ve been through that several times myself, and even with my own Sassy girl! Sending hugs!

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. RIP Sassy.
A friend lost her dog (who was one of our regular walking companions) in similar circumstances. At the beginning of the week she was joyfully greeting the postman, but by the end of the week they had to say goodbye to her, also due to cancer.
Losing a pet is heartbreaking, and made more difficult by it being so sudden.

1 Like

So sorry to hear your sad news, please take consolation from having given her such a wonderful Life after a horrible start. Sending love and hugs to you both xx

1 Like

Such a heartbreaking time for you both. I’m sure Sassy has given you many happy memories.
I hope your pain eases soon.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. May sweet Sassy RIP.