Difference between Feedback and a Review

Hi
This may be a completely stupid question but what is the difference between leaving or giving “Feedback” after a sit and leaving and giving a “Review”. Is Feedback when we have done a sit and a review when a sitter has done a sit for us? I seem to get requests to do both when we have had a sitter and visa versa. Hope this makes sense.
Ruth

Home owners leave reviews for sitters. Sitters leave feedback for home owners.

I doubt many people remember which way round is which (I had to look it up!). Either way the principle is the same, so dont get too hung up on the wording.

1 Like

I must admit, it would make far more sense for both to be called reviews or feedback….hey ho!

3 Likes

Yes I agree - it’s all a bit confusing and I have been doing both for all our sits.

Thanks! I’m glad I’m not the only one that was confused :slight_smile:

1 Like

While the terminology is confusing, there is also the major difference between a HO reviewing a sitter and a sitter giving feedback to a HO.

The HO’s review of a sitter provides the ability to rate the sitter from 1 - 5 stars in five categories (organized, reliable, self-sufficient, tidy, pet care). A sitter’s feedback of a HO only provides the option of 1 - 5 thumbs up as it relates to how they recommend the sit.

Both HO and sitter can expand further with more detail in the written portion.

2 Likes

Hello all
What is the difference between feedback vs. Reviews in the app?
I have none in either.
First sit in Feb for me.
First Sitter in march for my home.
Tx

Hello @HelloOutThere I have attached a link to another post on here you might want to take a look at but basically homeowners leave a review for sitter/s and sitters leave feedback for homeowners following a sit and you can request these the day after the sit ends and you can view reviews and feedback once they have been completed.
Once you have completed your first sit in February you will be able to request a review from the homeowners and you will also be able to complete feedback for the homeowners so once this is completed you will be able to view both of these on your app and then the more sits you complete the more reviews you can build up and the more feedback you can complete for the homeowners and the same thing will apply for your homeowner profile once you have had your first sitters in March. Hope this makes sense. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Perfect.
I try keyword searches but usually have been having to post a question.
I used those exact keywords too…
Thx!

1 Like

Hello community, I’m new on the platform…I had my first house sitting and was a good experience. The house owner give me a very good feedback on my profile…and I’ve replied.

But i don’t understand how can I make a feedback of her?
When I see the house owner announcement I can see many review from the sitters, but I don’t know I can I write one for the experience that I had.

I think could be very usefull for the future sitters and for the house owner too.
Thanks
Sara

Hi @sara.r

A big welcome to the forum.
I have reposted your question in this thread, which I am sure will answer your question.

1 Like

Hi @sara.r congratulations on completing your first sit - To leave feedback for the home host go to your dashboard and click on your name/profile icon - A dropdown list will appear. click on ‘feedback’ and away you go!

2 Likes

Thank you Colin, i’ve finally found it <3

3 Likes