Digital development question on COVID Vax

Hello,
I wonder if we can avoid questions on vaccination status but putting a vaccinated status badge on our profile?
I want to feel safe on my sits and want the host to feel confident in their personal safety with hand-over. I’d still clean before return.
Does a digital badge on profile sound sensible to others?
NomadNik

1 Like

I would appreciate it but I think this has already been discussed and considered not necessary. Many don’t seem to feel comfortable to have a badge and rather want to include it in their profile or listing.
For HO I think it’s best to include it in the listing if they only accept vaccinated sitters. Sitters who are not vaccinated (hopefully) read it and don’t apply.
When I receive an application I actually expect this information right there. If not I go directly to the sitter’s profile and if there’s no vaccination status to be found I probably wouldn’t take them into consideration.
My experience is that vaccinated people share their status freely and most who are not vaccinated don’t.

3 Likes

@NomadNikandSon That’s a great idea, it makes a lot of sense. I would appreciate seeing it, it makes it clear so you don’t need to dig for the info. Apparently I’m out of votes (not sure why there is a limit) so consider this a verbal upvote!

2 Likes

This has already been discussed quite fully. We have become even more convinced now that it’s not necessary, at least not from a medical stand point. The vaccine can help to protect yourself to some degree, but not others (especially now with Omicron being the main variant).

1 Like

I would find it handy as I wouldn’t sit for anyone who is not vaxxed, but there are definitely people who would not want to make that information public. I agree with above that HOs who require this would be smart to include it in their listing to hopefully weed out the antivaxxers from the start.

3 Likes

Hi @NomadNikandSon welcome to our community forum thank you for joining in the conversation.

This topic has been widely discussed and the thread can be found here

There are many great conversations on all manner of topics, using the search function (spyglass top right of the page) will get you to those of interest and please do ask your questions if there is already a discussion in progress you can help add valuable content

We will close this thread and refer to the really comprehensive discussion.

1 Like