Do Owners See if You Have Saved their Sit?

Hi,
Do HO see that you have saved their sit? I ask because I have been browsing for a sit for April and saved a few to look at nearer the time in case they have appropriate dates. The next day I received an invitation from one of them. It can’t surely be a coincidence as the sit was not near to us, 5 hour journey away. I don’t mind but would just like to know that HO’s are seeing it as some are just speculative and I would not like to raise expectations.

3 Likes

Yes, they do (not sure if they need to be premium members).

1 Like

Hi @anneka thanking @Ketch for this one …

Update … Member helping Member :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Post edited by AL

Yes, we (home-owners) can see who has saved our listings. And no the home-owner doesnt need to have a premium membership. Eg, nine sitters have saved mine. I have ‘favourited’ [clicked on the red heart on their profile] the ones I think would actually be a good match.

4 Likes

Thank you @Ketch … will let Lucy step down on this one :wink:

Thank you for clarifying that. I did not know and was therefore clicking save on quite a lot, but probably will be more circumspect from now on. As it happens the one who replied was one we were very interested in and we have agreed if they need a house sitter around the dates we are looking for in April then they can contact us direct on THS so a good outcome.

I’m a Swede that lives abroad but am looking for sits in Stockholm with a 3 month date range. Stockholm does not have a lot of sits, but Sweden has a fair amount.

If I save the city and country with the dates I will be there, can owners see it? When they do a search, who does it show? People who live in the country/city (e.g. Rover)? Or do they see everyone who will be to be there during the dates the owner will be gone?

I saw somewhere else that owners can see who favorites (saves) them. Do owners sometimes reach out to them?

Thanks for your tips on this!

• I can’t see who’s saved a location/dates. I can only see sitters who have explicitly favorited my listing.
  • When I search for sitters, it does not show me who has favorited anything. I have to go to a separate page for a list of everyone who’s favorited me.
  • When I search for sitters, I can filter by location, pet type, availability, and experience (I haven’t used this last one, it’s just two checkboxes saying “Member reviews” and “House sitting experience”). Before I enter in any filters, it just shows me random sitters from various locations.
  • I’m 50/50 on reaching out to sitters who have favorited my listing. If I have quickly approaching dates with no applicants I will sometimes try, but since I know a sitter who has favorited my listing is alerted when I publish dates, I assume they already know and haven’t applied because their schedules don’t allow it. So I will also reach out to those who are local but have not favorited my listing. (A big disclaimer to this is that I am not in a popular destination, so I’m not hitting the 5 application limit and any interested sitter would have plenty of time to apply. I might reach out to more sitters who have favorited me if my listing kept getting paused and I was not happy with the applicants.)

Hope this helps!