Doors around the world

I have a fascination for doors … in my kitchen is a large framed poster “Doors of Tunis” as well as watercolors of doors in Italy and Africa

The image was taken on a Halloween doggy walk in the LA neighborhood where I was sitting

5 Likes

Stunning. I love that.

I have many photos of doors in San Miguel. Walking the cobblestone streets is so beautiful

1 Like

Ireland. I’d love to live in this cottage with the red door.

5 Likes

"Little Red Riding Hood’’ …

1 Like

This reminds me of my first sit in England. It was a thatched centuries old cottage. Sometimes I do so feel like I fell through the wardrobe into Narnia.

Beautiful pic.

2 Likes

During my last sit in Malta, a lot of beautiful doors (with 2 adorables frenchies)

7 Likes

6 Likes

Those are beautiful!

2 Likes

Doorway to my heart :heart:….as far as my tummy is concerned :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

We have that in common @Joanne :croissant::baguette_bread:Would be (and regularly is in various guises in France ) the door to my tummy heart too :joy: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s about soothing the senses….sight, scent and taste :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Tenerife, Islas Canarias, España

2 Likes

Love this thread! Here are doors at St. Peter’s in Rome
![IMG_1851|375x500](upload://9gUIAqcHJuUAVVRHM

Hi @pdr so glad that you love this thread, it looks like your image link is broken …

1 Like

Doors in Coimbra, Portugal

2 Likes

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

5 Likes

We saw this interesting door in Vidigal, Rio de Janeiro

We love walking past this decorative door on Junkanoo Beach in Nassau, The Bahamas

Always a good door if it leads to wine! This door is at V. Sattui Winery in Napa Valley.

4 Likes

@Dennis yes I love this door at St Edward’s Church in Stow-on-the-Wold, it is not far from where we live. Apparently there is a local legend that says J. R. R. Tolkien visited this church and the entrance inspired his Doors of Durin in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I took this photo earlier today and I love the old oil lamp that hangs above it, it definitely has a mystical feel about it.

9 Likes

I am definitely going to go visit that door in a week or so. I’ve been to Stow on the Wold a few times but have never seen it! Can’t wait!

1 Like