Doors around the world

I’ll admit I also take a lot of pictures of interesting doors when we travel. Maybe others do too?

This is gorgeous door we saw along the Camino, in Santa Catalina de Somoza, Spain.

13 Likes

Somewhere in England

4 Likes

Oooh I think I have a photo of that door!

1 Like

Wow, where is this? Oh, now I see it’s a miniature. How sweet.

1 Like

Here’s another door from the same place. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I often shoot doors when I travel to Europe. This one in France was one of my favorites.

9 Likes

This is one of the most photographed doors in all of England. I had to see it for myself!

4 Likes

Oh I was supposed to stay there last spring between sits. I’m dying to see that door!

That’s gorgeous! Do you remember where in France it was?

Like you, @Kelownagurl, I like taking photos of doors! Thanks for another interesting thread.

Paris:

Annapolis, Maryland, USA

France:

Portugal:

8 Likes

And here’s a door in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic where the owner modified the frame so that goods could be more easily carried into the building. For some reason, I think it was for carpets but that doesn’t make sense.

6 Likes

It’s the Hobbiton village in New-Zealand, from the Lord of the rings trilogy and The hobbits trilogy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Loving all these door pictures, I’ve got a lovely photo of a door in Dinham area of Ludlow that I love, but I’ve no idea where the picture is!!:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Martel. Is a lovely village with lots of great opportunities for photography.

1 Like

I couldn’t stop taking pictures of doors in Santa Fe (I wasn’t there for a housesit, though

7 Likes

Last winter when I couldn’t travel, I spent weeks organizing my digital photos into albums of trips and events etc and it has been the best thing I’ve ever done. I wish I’d started it sooner because I have over 50,000 photos on my laptop. Then recently I’ve started making albums of favourites like bridges, doors, food/meals, markets etc.

I should also add, after my first two trips to Europe, I realized I should turn on location services for my camera (I use my iPhone for all my photos) when I travel, and that has enabled me to pinpoint the location of every photo I take. In fact, I can even open my photos in map view and zoom into any part of the world to see exactly where a photo was taken. It’s amazing.

1 Like

Ah yes, I found it on the map. I’ve been in and around that area a few times now, but not to Martel. Maybe next year?

Totally, I’m paranoid about losing them. I have a back up in the cloud as well as on a back up external hard disk (thanks for reminding me, it’s time to back up again.). I even have CDs (DVDs?) with early photos backed up before we had external hard drives.

I’m also in the process of creating photos books for some of our trips and having them printed. That’s a job for this winter I guess.

1 Like

Did you decide on an application that you liked best? I’ve tried a few so far but haven’t committed to printing one yet.