Doors around the world

I’ll admit I also take a lot of pictures of interesting doors when we travel. Maybe others do too?

This is gorgeous door we saw along the Camino, in Santa Catalina de Somoza, Spain.

8 Likes

Somewhere in England

3 Likes

The doorway to paradise. 4 months behind this door in Bali.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Oooh I think I have a photo of that door!

Wow, where is this? Oh, now I see it’s a miniature. How sweet.

Here’s another door from the same place. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I often shoot doors when I travel to Europe. This one in France was one of my favorites.

7 Likes

This is one of the most photographed doors in all of England. I had to see it for myself!

3 Likes

Oh I was supposed to stay there last spring between sits. I’m dying to see that door!

That’s gorgeous! Do you remember where in France it was?

Like you, @Kelownagurl, I like taking photos of doors! Thanks for another interesting thread.

Paris:

Annapolis, Maryland, USA

France:

Portugal:

7 Likes

And here’s a door in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic where the owner modified the frame so that goods could be more easily carried into the building. For some reason, I think it was for carpets but that doesn’t make sense.

6 Likes

It’s the Hobbiton village in New-Zealand, from the Lord of the rings trilogy and The hobbits trilogy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Door Art Nouveau, architect Victor Horta in Normandy
Art nouveau Victor Horta La Bluette (2)

In Malta

in Arequipa (Pérou)

in Lima

7 Likes

Loving all these door pictures, I’ve got a lovely photo of a door in Dinham area of Ludlow that I love, but I’ve no idea where the picture is!!:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Martel. Is a lovely village with lots of great opportunities for photography.

1 Like

I couldn’t stop taking pictures of doors in Santa Fe (I wasn’t there for a housesit, though

7 Likes

Last winter when I couldn’t travel, I spent weeks organizing my digital photos into albums of trips and events etc and it has been the best thing I’ve ever done. I wish I’d started it sooner because I have over 50,000 photos on my laptop. Then recently I’ve started making albums of favourites like bridges, doors, food/meals, markets etc.

I should also add, after my first two trips to Europe, I realized I should turn on location services for my camera (I use my iPhone for all my photos) when I travel, and that has enabled me to pinpoint the location of every photo I take. In fact, I can even open my photos in map view and zoom into any part of the world to see exactly where a photo was taken. It’s amazing.

1 Like

Ah yes, I found it on the map. I’ve been in and around that area a few times now, but not to Martel. Maybe next year?