Emails from Trusted Housesitters

If I unsubscribe from promotional emails from Trusted Housesitters (like “Refer a Friend” emails) does that mean I am also unsubscribing from the emails informing me of Saved Search sits?

Hi @CDunn,

This is a very good question! I am a new forum moderator so I am not :100: sure. I’m tagging @Snowbird and @Angela_L who will know the correct answer. My assumption would be that unsubscribing from the promotional emails takes you off all marketing related emails but not the emails related to your direct account. Thank you for asking as I would also like to know the answer.

Kelly

Hello @CDunn and thanks for tagging me, @Kelly. There is currently only the option of opting in or out from emails, with no breakdown of designating certain categories. This is the wording:

I did ask for clarification recently in that the ‘daily sit alerts’ does refer to saved searches that generate the daily emails.

The product development team do read these posts and so will see this discussion, so thank you for asking the question.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator :canada:

Thank you @Kelly & @CDunn @Snowbird is absolutely right there is opt in or opt out and no further choices, which is how most CRM systems work.

Since subscribing to TH last month I have been inundated with emails from TH, so many that I’m tending not to read them as there are just so many, and they’re becoming repetitive. Obviously I appreciate receiving Saved Searches emails, but the rest is over the top and sometimes out-of-date. This week I received an email headed “Your Sit Is In Two Days” when it was in fact on the day I received it. I imagine this arose because:

1. homeowner needed us there the night before the published “start date” (they left at 3am), and possibly
  2. because I was in NZ which is perhaps nearly a day ahead of wherever TH emails originate from.
    Do others agree that TH needs to revise the quantity of emails it’s sending us?

Hi @Katita
Thank you for your post. You may also want to look at another thread here, that also discusses your points.

If you ever find yourself searching for other answers to a particular question, you can use the magnifying glass in the top right of this window to search the forum. If you have a question, chances are that someone else has asked it and posted about it.