Famous people spotting

Hi Everyone,
In my 20’s I was kissed by singer/songwriter Harry Chapin after a concert on Cape Cod, Mass.

I also said hello to a major crush, James Earl Jones, at the stage door on Broadway. He came over after I told him he was my major high school crush. He smiled and chatted.

Thanks for all the cool experiences listed on this forum everyone!
Willow

2 Likes

That’s awesome @DaisyandEleanor0504 - James Earl Jones has such an iconic voice!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @DaisyandEleanor0504 . I’m with you on that one, James Earl Jones. One lucky lady! Glad you are enjoying the chats.

2 Likes

Awh thanks Ziggy! I also remembered having lunch with Dennis Weaver, of Gunsmoke and McCloud, two US western series. Great guy. He was in his late 70’s and still so hot! (I am 67)

Willow

2 Likes

He sure did.

The last place I expected to meet and speak to a movie star was in Chilliwack, British Columbia. It was about 30 years ago and I attended a retirement party for a colleague which was held in a little local Mexican restaurant. A group of men walked in and one of them looked very much like Sam Elliott. Not everyone knows this actor - a couple of his movies are “Tombstone” and “Mask”. I just had to go over and comment on how much he looked like Sam Elliott. In this very deep voice, he replied “that’s because I am Sam Elliott”! I knew when I heard his voice it definitely was him. He was very nice and approachable and gave me his autograph. Too bad I didn’t own a cell phone at the time - would have loved a pic with him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a hobby guitarist I visited many concerts and sometimes visited the aftershow meet and greets.
Also I’ve been a few times at the NAMM Music fair in LA.

You can see the results of those meets at: Body Of Fame

At one of those NAMM fairs I was standing on a balcony outside when a cameraman came on the balcony followed by Kiefer Sutherland to smoke a sigaret.

Funny, because I was digging the series ‘24’ those days and this was the last I expected :slight_smile:
Kiefer and I had a little chat together and that was fun!

5 Likes

Funny you should start this topic as I was thinking about which well known people I’d seen just the other day.

I remember seeing Matthew Perry at Wimbledon twenty years ago and was ridiculously excited. I was a huge Friends fan back then and to see the very man who turned sarcasm into an art form was so exciting to me!

I used to see Bill Nighy from Love Actually around quite a lot when I lived in west London. Hard to explain but there’s something really magnetic about him.

I remember the latest Fast and Furious was being filmed in Edinburgh a few years back and I saw vin Diesel twice suspended from various historic buildings looking all heroic!

Whilst these next two aren’t exactly A list, I have spoken to Felicity Kendal who I imagine most Brits would remember from The Good Life comedy. She is such a lovely person and was so warm and full of enthusiasm. She gave me a lovely gift and I still treasure it.

I also remember being very nearly run over by Jonathan Ross while he was zooming up a quiet cobbled street in west London in his open top car. I’d always found him entertaining but he didn’t seem remotely bothered that he nearly ran someone down!

I have seen a few others over the years, especially in London, but those are probably my most notable ones! You’ve definitely got some big names over there in Australia at the moment!

5 Likes