Favorite computer laptop for travel?

Just starting out as a trusted housesitter and feeling the need to purchase a laptop for my travels. I thought this group might have some favorites for local and international travels. I am currently doing research and am interested in Dell or Lenovo, but also other options this group might offer. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

@Weiszt911 welcome. As someone that has worked remotely for over 15 years now and used a lot of laptops I’d be happy to give you my input. However it’s important to know exactly what you need a laptop for? I mean if you want to use it to game on then you’ll need a completely different laptop to browse the internet, send a few emails and stream a movie or 2.

I agree with @richten1’s advice. It all depends on what you are using it for. But for me weight is important - which means a screen less than 13" if possible and light weight - if shopping on Amazon, you can see the weight in the specifications tab.
Depending on what you are doing maybe an ipad with a good keyboard case with a trackpad?

1 Like

My needs are basically researching pet sits, steaming, shopping, emails, travel related research, etc. Excel and word. No gaming or work.

If this was all I needed a laptop for I would probably opt for a tablet with detachable keyboard, maybe something for you as well? I have a Huawei D14 device that is 3 years old: only 1,5 kg and still runs perfectly. Before that I had a MacBook Air (13 inch), not bad but I’m more of a Windows user.

I bought a laptop six months ago for travel as I found my 15” laptop took up too much space in a carryon. I have also been a Windows user but considered going with a Mac as it was small and would be wonderfully compatible with my iPhone. My daughter uses Mac and loves it.

I ended up going with a Lenovo Yoga 6 and love it, although I had to take it in for service two weeks ago as I was getting a black screen. The connector between the screen and the computer had to be replaced. It was fixed under warranty in a week with all my data and programs intact.

It was much cheaper than an Apple — their accessories are also very pricey, and I didn’t have to learn the Mac OS. This was a consideration after talking to my sister who had gone from Windows to Mac. After three months she still didn’t know it well.

I am very pleased with my Lenovo Yoga.
It’s light, small and compact.

Hi @Weiszt911 and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are ready to really get started and trust me, the members here will have lots of informational help for you regarding choosing the right laptop!

My name is Debbie and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a sitter member of TrustedHousesitters. I was an owner member for three years and have now moved over to a sitter membership, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little overwhelming at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are meeting and connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another. Please take a moment to introduce yourself About the introduce yourself category - Introduce Yourself - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum by giving us as little or as much info as you prefer. Below are a few suggestions that might get you started:

• How long have you been a member of Trustedhousesitters?
  • Where is your home location?
  • As a sitter, please share with us where you prefer to sit (dream location, bucket list, etc.)
  • If presently on a sit, tell us about the location and the pets you are caring for.
  • Share pics of you, your own pets, or pets you have cared for or are caring for.

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

Debbie – Forum Team Moderator

eHH

1 Like