Flights, cancelations and sheer madness

Hope you are safely on a new flight…

Just returned from Jeju to Florida. It was insane. Any body traveling, breathing techniques and bags full of snack.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Welcome back. Rest and recover.

Between broken airplane , delays, 5 days to come.

Thanks

2 Likes

Holding our breath as we wait for our BritishAir flight direct Phoenix to London in 10 days. We only just recently decided to carry on (no checked baggage) due to the chaos on the ground everywhere. We will be in the UK for about 2 months with one housesit and lots of ground travel (trains) which also could be a problem…one day at a time!

2 Likes

(US) Airlines must compensate passengers for lost bags

That maximum liability is $3,800 for domestic flights and about $1,800 for international flights, according to the Transportation Department.Jul 19, 2022

https://www.cnbc.com › 2022/07/19

1 Like

Thank you. I’m on it.
Filed my claims already.

We’re in the London area (Surbiton) right now and we have been using the train system heavily for almost a month. The rail strikes that have occurred in the past three weeks have been announced and publicized at the stations and on train announcements. It has been easy for us to plan around them since we know when and where they will occur. There’s a good website thetrainline.com that lists action dates and other information regarding rail traffic. It might be an inconvenience in the day we are scheduled to fly out, Aug. 18, but there are other good transportation options.

3 Likes

Hi @AnnieNai we have a member meetup in London tomorrow, Saturday 6th London Calling - Member Meetup! Saturday August 6th 12.30 pm would be great to see you there.

Angela & The Team

3 Likes

Hi Angela. Yes, Tom and I are planning on being there. We should be on Joann’s list. Not bringing the dog though, he’s 35 kilos of solid retriever. I’m looking forward to meeting you, too.

2 Likes

@AnnieNai I have you both on my list :+1:t2: & looking forward to seeing you both again tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry we can not make it this time !
brighton pride flag

4 Likes

@Colin hope you both have a fabulous time in Brighton and hopefully we will see you at the next one wherever that may be :+1:t2::blush:

3 Likes

Have a fabulous time!! Please post some pics later :slight_smile:

1 Like

A true well organised traveller. There’s always a way round obstacles.

3 Likes

You can always storm the head office!

@Amparo You’re right there was hangers full of luggage not loaded on planes. The issue at heathrow is they laid off a load of staff or good staff left during the pandemic. Heathrow security clearance takes 3 months so there’s been a lag between hiring and getting them working.
Many airlines have been asked to cancel or limit sales of flights to/from Heathrow over the next 2 months.
I had to wait 45 minutes to deplane last week arriving from Copenhagen at terminal 5 as there were no available ground staff.
Hopefully things will improve as staff are hired and security cleared.

1 Like

Yes indeed. It is beginning to look like the problem originated at Heathrow when I was given a boarding pass for my connecting flight that was not my flight! My case went on that flight but I didn’t then it appeared that I missed my original flight and was rebooked and rerouted which literally created a series of mayhem.
It’s all good and I have every confidence this is all working in my favor :smiley:
Upwards and onwards!

It just proves the old adage is correct.
Always travel with a change of underwear in your hand luggage.

1 Like

you know it’s funny, I had a complete change of clothing including shoes in my rucksack. There was a point I was going to shove it all in the case but that wonderful little voice…
I love life’s gentle guidance and the occasional good slap to remind me to pay attention :rofl:

1 Like