London Calling - Member Meetup! Saturday August 6th 12.30 pm

Join us if you can … meetups are always fun and inspirational exchanging stories, experiences and even ideas while enjoying a few glasses of your favorite “tipple”

@Samox24 and @Angela_L

7 Likes

Our meet up at Jugged Hare had a total of 14 people and I have to repeat it was fabulous. We came as strangers and left as friends and each of us gave and took something meaningful, inspirational and useful.
Great smiles and warm hearts.
:white_check_mark::star::star::star::star::star:
Highly recommended

9 Likes

Damn…I can’t do this one. I’m gonna catch one soon I hope.

It’s awfully quiet over there…
Just saying…
images

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who joined us in London and apologies for the late sharing of the “festivities” @Amparo we were just so busy sharing stories and talking TrustedHousesitetrs …

Thank you to @Samox24 for organizing and picking a great venue … safe travels back to your homes and pet sits …

9 Likes

What a fantastic meet up, everyone so friendly and so interesting, lovely to hear so many great stories, a mixed bunch from several counties. :cat2:

4 Likes

YAY! :wave:t4: :clap:t4: Well done everyone. Lovely to see you all.
Hi Flynn!

4 Likes

We had a great time!

7 Likes

Thank you @Angela_L what a fabulous afternoon :blush:

@toml I think Flynn thoroughly enjoyed himself too :dog:

6 Likes

@Samox24 … thank you from all of us you did a great job and it was lovely to finally meet you and everyone else who I’ve been chatting to on the forum … you cannot beat in person!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :clap: :star:

3 Likes

@Angela_L we couldn’t agree more :heart:

3 Likes

Well done Sam. Kudos to you for stepping up and flying! :butterfly:

2 Likes

Flynn had a great time! (And I enjoyed myself, too.) Thanks @Samox24 for organizing and thanks to @Angela for kindly hosting us.

5 Likes

@toml it was lovely to finally meet you and Flynn is definitely a “Tom Boy” … the little chap has bonded with his Tom, thank you so much for coming :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:

2 Likes

Thank you Sam for organising the meetup and thank you Angela for your generous hospitality. It was my pleasure as a ‘newbee’ to meet all the experienced sitters face to face and have them answer my many questions. What a fascinating community I have joined. It is literally opening up a whole new world to me.

6 Likes

@Surbitonsue it was really lovely to meet you and I am so pleased that we all inspired you. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Surbitonsue welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters it was wonderful meeting you on Saturday thank you for joining us. Being new to our community please don’t hesitate to ask lots of questions (if you have lots of course) as our members are really helpful & supportive, we cannot wait to share in your new THS adventure.

We spoke about sitting locally to help you get started but here’s the million dollar question, with all of the amazing opportunities on the site, where would you ultimately like to sit, and what pet would be your dream companion?

We’d love to know. … :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Angela
Thank you so much for your generous hospitality at the meetup on Saturday. Sam certainly picked a lovely venue and I will no doubt return there with friends for an impromptu drink and a snack in future if I am in the vicinity.

I have just linked my sitter profile to my forum profile and I would be grateful for your expert feedback. I am quite confident that I have written a good personal statement and that my references are as good as I could hope for. I received a couple of invitations within 24hrs of going live and another a couple of days later, so I took that as a good sign. Unfortunately I had to turn them down as they were too far from local and I am still working full time, so I need good public transport links. I didn’t put this in my profile as I thought it would deter people but maybe I should state a radius? I am open to suggestions as to whether I should add anything or leave anything out.

Having just received my first rejection for a local sit I was very much hoping to be picked for I wonder why they did not give a reason but I assume they had to read through several applications which was why they took a few days to come to a decision. Is it normal for HOs to not give a reason, and would it be a good idea to reply to thank them anyway for reading my application and say that I hope they will consider me for a future sit?

Once I have done a few local sits I’d like to spend a week in Edinburgh in October and maybe think about going somewhere special over the Christmas period. I haven’t thought about my ultimate destination yet but it would ideally involve siamese cats :smile:

5 Likes

Thank You Angela for hosting the meet up. Great stories from interesting people and a happy dog to top it off. Time well spent.

3 Likes

Wow! What a fabulous surprise.
Thank you so much to @Angela_L and the rest of the team at TrustedHousesitters for my beautiful flowers and candle.
I am very touched and pleased everyone had such a lovely time. Here’s to the next one wherever that may be! :blush:

6 Likes