Forum Member's FAQ Page?

I was wondering if it might be possible to have an FAQs (or similar titled) page pinned that covers some of the major topics (and/or complaints) that get asked frequently on the forum, with a brief overview of the major points that have already been made and any relevant THS responses? Then when someone brings it up again, we can point them to a concise response without them having to wade through a long drawn out conversation?

4 Likes

Hi @Kelownagurl there is an FAQ Help page on the website which covers most questions asked this was created from the FAQ’s and top subjects coming through to the Membership Services Team … https://support.trustedhousesitters.com/hc/en-gb

2 Likes

Yes, that is definitely helpful. I was thinking about one for the forum that covers some of the things that come up here so frequently.

1. Issues with home owners who don’t respond, how long does it take? How long to wait? Apply for more than 1 sit at a time?

2. Questions about ID / background checks.

3. Qs about handling handover - all the different ways that are normally done?

4. Things to look for in a good sit

5. Things to ask when applying?

6. Things to look for in a good sitter?

7. Handling problems.

Etc?

1 Like

Agree @Kelownagurl, comparing and adding to the existing list with the additional forum FAQ’s would create a more comprehensive list.

Some of the additional ones you have included are also covered in Blog posts but having everything in one place would be very useful and convenient.

Perhaps we can get other members to add to the list?

1 Like

I think this is a good idea @Kelownagurl because it would seem that both owners and sitters who tend to have issues or need help come to the forum first rather than think to use the Help button on the THS website.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but I think it’s still a great idea.

Not sure how best to structure such an FAQs page. In particular, who’s in charge of updating it? Who decides how to summarize a giant conversation (or whom to delegate that task to)?

But hey, would love to get this conversation re-started. Thanks, @Kelownagurl!