Global Airport Lounge Passes

Hi. I have a membership that will expire Sep 26. As I will be travelling to a country where accommodation is expensive, I plan to upgrade to a Premium one. Do I get to claim the 2 lounge passes with this upgrade? Thanks.

I requested lounge passes through email and they sent them to me within two days.

1 Like

You choose your airport of choice and send the travel dates and times to support @AnnaBaker and they book it for you. We used ours in Istanbul earlier this year, all worked smoothly and good value :+1:t3:

3 Likes

What do you mean by this? - do you mean you want to upgrade on the off chance your sit gets cancelled?

@AnnaBaker Yes you can access your lounge passes as soon as you upgrade your membership - just email Membership Services and make sure they have all of the information and 72 hours notice before your flight.

Feel free to check with Membership Servies about the upgrade and what it covers. You can reach them at support@trustedhousesitters.com

1 Like

Thank you for the information.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. The upgrade must be done way before the sit begins, right?

@AnnaBaker , the upgrade must be done anytime before the sit is booked

Very impressive service from Frankie who usually does not understand my questions :joy_cat:

Requested our lounge passes via the chat and received them in minutes!!!

If we had to pay for the lounge - it would have cost £80 for both of us …so we intend on enjoying this perk of being a Premium member.

Will be using them in a few weeks time so will report back on the experience.

3 Likes

I’ve used all the Lounge Passes that have been available to me thru THS. Each time, the lounge pass check in time is exactly 3 hours prior to my flight departing. I don’t love this, because I don’t get the full 3 hours since the airlines require earlier and earlier boarding for International flights. But the 3 hours prior to boarding times have been consistent. I hope this helps answer your question?

Using our FREE lounge passes was the highlight of an otherwise stressful day departing Gatwick airport (U.K. ) yesterday .

Thankfully we had filled up on the free cooked breakfast in the No1 lounge. Due to the flight disruption that followed later; that breakfast was the only meal we had all day !!!

We are very grateful that we did get to our destination, although a lot later than planned . Many other flights in and out of U.K. were cancelled .

We hope that no THS members are currently stranded due to the knock on effects of the ATC problems in U.K. yesterday.

8 Likes

Glad you made it @Silversitters, albeit not smoothly. Blame the French, apparently, as a corrupted flight plan was uploaded to the ATC system by a French a/c.
Anyway, I’m interested to know what the lounge conditions were like please? Was it heaving? Did they relent on their 3hr policy when delays became apparent?
Enjoy the rest of your travels!

@Saltrams
Our experience we had booked the lounge a month ago . The lounge was very peaceful, not heaving and that no one appeared to be monitoring or rushing anyone out after a certain time. However , we were in the lounge ahead of the disruption and were already on the plane on the tarmac when the announcement came about the failure of the ATC system for all U.K. airspace.

So I can’t say what the lounge was like afterwards and whether they started to usher people out after 3 hrs .

We were told that we would be staying on the plane as it had a new slot to take off 4 hours later (at which point the crew would be over their flying hours ) . However we did eventually got a slot to leave UK airspace. Considering the circumstances we were very fortunate to have made it out of U.K.

5 Likes

Thanks @Silversitters, I really appreciate your response all the more given you have only just arrived (at a sit?) after a grim journey.
I wanted details because I’m weighing up getting Priority Pass membership for my husband’s birthday and I keep seeing negative reviews about bad lounges, packed with screaming kids etc. Your experience on a BH Monday suggests things might not be as bad as that.
Enjoy whatever you’re doing in wherever you are!

1 Like

@Saltrams - I am sure they are all different but our experience in Sydney was that there were no kids at all ( I am not sure if they were not allowed ) When we arrived, it was packed, people were hanging around waiting for someone to vacate a seat - this was for us, a really bad first impression. However, in about 15 minutes the place magically emptied - we can only presume a delayed flight had sent people there.
From then on, it became a really nice experience ( we have never used one before) There was a buffet style, help your self-selection and also a sit-down waiter service with a choice of 3 starters and 3 desserts. Plus there was a bar - all of this was free. On top of this, the general seating area was really comfy and the WIFI was strong.
The time limit seemed odd to us, and I think this is the same for them all. You could only use it for three hours before the time your flight was due to take off - which meant in reality you could only stay for just over 2 hours to give yourselves plenty of time to get to your gate.
My verdict - as a treat, they are a great start to your journey but I imagine they can be hit and miss depending on how busy they are at any particular time.

2 Likes

Thanks for that helpful info, much appreciated @Colin. Now if only I could travel everywhere first class I wouldn’t have to ask the question…:joy: