Has anyone been to Tonga or Samoa?

I’m about to travel to New Zealand’s South Island for 6 months where, so far, I’ve got 6 housesits. I’m very keen to travel in Oceania, in particular Tonga and Samoa. I’ve visited Fiji & the Cook Islands in the past.
Has anyone visited Tonga or Samoa? If so, what did you think?

2 Likes

I’ve been to Tonga - beautiful country, lovely, warm people. Not much in the way of sits, I shouldn’t think.

1 Like

No I appreciate there’ll be not sits. What would you recommend? I won’t be there during whale season, which seems to be why most tourists go there. Which islands did you go to?

The main island, of course, and Eua by ferry. The swimming is great, not least because of the coral reefs which seem to be just off every beach. Food choices were a bit limited but if you enjoy tropical fruit, you’ll be in heaven :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Very jealous @Smiley and can’t wait to follow your upcoming adventures in NZ and now these islands. I have a favourite travel blogger, and she has a very good blog on Tonga … sound like you’ll have plenty of opportunities to commune with pigs :joy:

You may have seen this already, but if not, hope it provides some inspiration. It looks like it’s just been updated last month which is good.

Happy weekend!

3 Likes

Hi @Smiley … Chicken Soup for the heart, eyes and soul

I was there briefly many years ago (cruising) so cannot review as a tour guide.

I love NZ and will return one day but for now will have to return to the other side of the world vicariously through your eyes. Would love to see your itinerary and cannot wait for the regular updates once your adventure starts.

1 Like

Thanks Vanessa. Yes, I have seen this and it’s very good

3 Likes