Hello from South Island, New Zealand

Kia ora to you all from (NOW) Sunny Nelson, South Island of New Zealand.
I feel reluctant/shy about posting on here tbh… however I shall suck it up!
Im kind of new here and pretty chuffed to say I have secured a dog sitting in the Gold Coast/December for a couple of weeks, also another sitting in October NZ, Taupo for a Putti tat and forthermore I did have a Wup sitting in September in Melbourne, Brighton and the dates were changed so I had to decline sitting, which was fine.
Im studying online in the Health sector and currently learning Spanish, hola desde nueva zelanda.
So basically im not entirely restricted as to where I can HS, its great to-be me :dancer:t2:
Buenos Noches x

9 Likes

Hola y Bienvenida!
yeah suck it up :slight_smile: @Rochie being here and exposing yourself is good medicine for the adventures ahead. Congrats on your upcoming sit and for being you!
I feel the same way :smiley: Have fun and tell us how it goes.
Where do you want to go? or will you do local sits for now?

3 Likes

Hehe bring on the medi :joy::facepunch:
Well Amparo im good for anywhere in NZ pretty much, however Greece would be a huge consideration :smiley:
Also I forgot to mention I drive out of Nelson tomorrow arvo, on zee ferry, night in Wellies then onto the Mighty Waikato for 2 nights then onto Melbourne for a venture, catch up with the Phanau (family) and friends, excited mucho, mucho :yum::airplane::ferris_wheel:

2 Likes

wait, let me pull out my NZ translator…
:rofl:
Love it. Que tengas un buen tiempo y siempre recuerdas, Disfruta la vida que es simple.

1 Like

Aw heck, a few words in there I had to translate :sweat_smile::smile:
In response👉 Estoy de acuerdo !!!
Cheers for the response’s Amparo :star_struck::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

:wave: Ello from South Canterbury.

Did you manage to escape the rain deluge up that way last week? :scream:

Ahh, the mighty Waikato, home of Mr ‘pine tree’ Meads & The Finn Bros.

Ah, the SI, our favourite travel destination! Enjoy your sit on the Goldie @Rochie it’s where I grew up. The beaches are fantastic in summer. It will be a bit busy though as it’s a tourist mecca in summer, so be prepared for lots of crowds.

Allo, Allo @RunnerC :raising_hand_woman:t3:

I escaped the rain in the sense that my house still sits up on a hill untouched, no slippy sliding here​:pray::pray:

You know it , Pine tree and his brother Stan, greatest player of the 20th century👊

Finn brothers lived in Te Awamutu, 28ks up the road from me😄p

1 Like

Hi, hi @Crookie ookie,

There defiNitely is something spesh about S.I, NO doubt about it :hugs::heart_eyes:

Bring on Goldie, can hardly wait and Xmas crowd, love it !
My 4 legged​:dog:friend and I will be up bright and early walk abouts down the beach before chaos hits :joy::yum:
I stayed in Southport for 14 months a couple of years ago and I tell ya what… it hardly rained😬omg

2 Likes

Be prepared for a wet Qld summer @Rochie as our current La Nina wet system is extending through spring into summer. At least you will be warm.

1 Like

Hi @Rochie

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. Please don’t be shy, this is a fun platform where you can share and learn about this wonderful pet & travel loving community. That’s awesome you have a sit booked in Gold Coast. I absolutely loved it there when I visited years ago.

The best way to find your way around the forum is to use the magnifying glass to search key words of topics that are of interest to you. This will lead you to posts that you can review.

The main website also has some great tools for information. You’ll find a help tab on the main toolbar there, and the blog (at the bottom of the main page) also has a similar search bar to find blog posts relevant to you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,

Julie & the Forum Team

1 Like